Is this a melanoma? (photos)

The around my mole is a little hard and sore. I recently scratched it a bit thats Why there's a bit of blood residue there.

Doctor Answers 2

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest you see an expert if you are concerned about a mole. These can be removed and biopsied for further assessment. Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 204 reviews

Mole that itches

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  I recommend for you to see a dermatologist for an in person examination.  It is difficult to tell from a photo if a mole is cancerous or not.  However, because the area is sore and has changed I recommend for you to see a dermatologist to make sure it is not cancerous.  I wish you the best!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.