Had Juvederm and would like to know how to fix? (photos)

I had a face lift August 24th and then he used 4 vials of juviderm. I only wanted the nasal folds and lips because I already have high cheek bones. What do I need to do to look normal again. It's been 2 weeks for the everything but the lips that were done 9 days ago. Will the swelling go down on its own and how long should I wait or have it dissolved.I have a hart shaped face and I have cheek bones. Most people think I'm native American.

Eye bags after Juvederm

I don't like to use Juvederm in the upper cheek area. It can cause prolonged swelling and often needs to be dissolved. It has no lifting ability either. I would discuss with your doctor and consider removal. See link.

"Fix" too much Juvederm

Hi there. If you are unhappy with the results of your Juvederm injections, you can have it dissolved. Your provider will inject a product called Hyluronidaise. This will dissolve the filler and return your face back to the original, "uninjected" state.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

How to Fix Juvederm

I would wait two weeks till the swelling settles. If after two weeks you are still unhappy with your results you can have the Juvederm dissolved with hyaluronidase. After the injection of hyaluronidase you should see results within a couple of hours and final results in two days.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Results

I would wait for 2-3 weeks for the filler to settle and then I would follow up with your provider to be evaluated again. The good news is, Hyaluronidase will dissolve the filler is you need that done.

Juvederm

It appears that you had a pretty good result after your facelift, and then perhaps there was simply too much Juvederm placed, and too high.  Good news is, it will go down and go away.  You can speed up the process by going to get some hyaluronidase to dissolve it.  You should be able to go back to your PS and get it done.  Overall, be patient - I think it will all settle down and look better.  

Had Juvederm and would like to know how to fix?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), jowls are present and the chin is weak.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Swelling After Juvederm--Nasal Folds/Lips--Dissolve if Unhappy--

You could still have some swelling. If it persists, you can have it dissolved and try a different technique next time. I suggest radiofrequency tightening procedures (like venus viva and thermage) to help lift your face in addition to adding volume with fillers. Please see a professional for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer