Is it possible to attend a music festival 2 weeks (exactly 17 days) after having an Otoplasty?

Attending music festival after otoplasty

Each surgeon will have his or her guidelines post surgery. Typically, you would be able to attend consult. However, consult your surgeon as he or she knows the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Music festival after otoplasty.

The simple answer is yes you can. However I would take precautions to ensure that your ears do not get knocked. They will still be swollen, and maybe bruised, and if knocked the surgery can be undone. I am not sure of the type of music festival that you are attending (the ones I attend I very relaxed, so any risk of injury would be less) but could you wear a bandana, or something equivalent, to help protect them? Avoiding over exerting yourself, such as no energetic dancing, would also be advisable.

Anthony Barabas, MBBS
Cambridge Plastic Surgeon