Should I be worried about these bumps after lip injections? (Photos)

I don't think this is normal, I need to know what I need to do now? It's been 9 days now and I've been indenial about having these because I thought they would have gone down by now and the swelling went down already and it's even more noticeable. It's embarrassing.

You seem to have a deposit of filler superficially on that side of the lip.  You should wait a few more days to see if the swelling subsides and the skin balances out.  If it persists, a very small amount of vitrase/hylauronidase can be administered to dissolve the product and get rid of any irregularity.

Swelling after lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your questions and photos.Swelling after lip fillers can take a couple of weeks to subside. If after 2 weeks you're still not happy, you can have the hyaluronic acid dissolved. I recommend following up with your physician. Best, Dr. Frucht.

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip bumps can be dissolved

Provided you were injected with a HA filler these small little bumps can be dissolved with a small amt of hyaluronidase.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Lip Swelling/Lumps After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Results will be optimal at two weeks. I suggest waiting another few days before making any decision. After this time if you are unhappy you can reverse the lumps with hyaluronidase. Best, Dr. Emer

Bumps from Juvederm in lips

I would say they probably are filler and aren't going away. Small injections of hyaluronidase in these can dissolve them. It depends on how much they are bothering you.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Bumps after lip injection

If a hyaluronic acid product such as Restylane or Juvaderm was used then any misplaced or excess material that is causing bumps can be corrected by injecting an enzyme, hyaluronidase, that will dissolve the filler without effecting your normal tissue. Hope this helps.

Ralph Massey, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologist

Should I be worried about these bumps after lip injections?

Thank you for sharing your questions and photographs and I am sorry that your filler results have not been what you anticipated.  If these lumps are small deposits of a hyaluronic acid filler, such as Juvederm, I would anticipate them to soften and improve in appearance over the next 6-7 days.  Because of the thin nature of the lip tissues, small amounts of filler can be seen after injections and it takes about 2-3 full weeks for them to soften and disappear.  I know waiting is difficult but you may want to consider some gentle massage to these two areas to have them soften a bit faster.  Hope that this helps.