Can upper bleph ever be reversed/undone? And if something can be done, isn't sooner better than later before it has settled in?

I had upper eyelids done 2 weeks ago for hooded eyes, just skin. I knew right after & for sure can see now that it was huge mistake to do this. The look/change is not what I wanted. I regret having the surgery. Is there anything that can be done to undo the surgery? And if I can undo this, or if I need revision, isn't it better to undo what's been done sooner rather than later after scar has already healed once? If I'm still recovering & need to heal anyway, isn't it better to correct now?

Surgical procedures cannot be reversed

Surgical procedures cannot be “reversed.” However, in many cases revision surgery can be done to fix results that the patient is unhappy with. However, I suggest to wait until your eyes are fully healed before considering revision surgery. Your eyelids are still undergoing changes and it is possible that you will be happier with your results once the incisions have fully healed and the swelling has resolved. Two weeks post-surgery is too early to see final results from a blepharoplasty. I hope this helps.

Post op upper blepharoplasty

An upper Blepharoplasty requires removal of skin and fat. You can not undo this unless you have a skin graft placed. Give yourself some time to heal and get used to the new look. You have swelling which needs to resolve before rending judgement on your result.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Upper Blepharoplasty Revision

Without photos it is difficult to comment however, an upper blepharoplasty cannot be reversed.  It is too early to make decision about your result since you need to heal which will take several months to complete. I would suggest speaking with your surgeon about your concerns.  

Dr. Peter Newen

Peter Newen, MD

Need a real evaluation ... soon!

My first instinct is to tell you, "no, it can't be reversed".  My second thought is  to tell you, "you need to wait 6 months, then be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your situation and see what can be done".

But, I have been in practice 20 years and I have seen situations where early intervention can save everyone a lot of unnecessary stress and actually allow a better result in the end, even if further modifications are necessary.  While this is not the norm, it occurs often enough to merit an urgent comprehensive evaluation by someone with much experience and expertise in this area.

Wants upper eyelid blepharoplasty reversed after two weeks

In a procedures done to deepen the eyelid fold the procedure may be partially reversed. But in the typical procedure nothing can be reversed. Reconstructive procedures for functional problems can be done once everything has healed but those are not "reversing" the procedure. Without more information nothing more can be said.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Lid Blepharoplasty Can Not be Reversed

Dear sadey, An upper lid blepharoplasty procedure can not be reversed. If a surgeon has removed to much skin and there are closure issues then reconstruction can be performed however this does not sound like your case. I would suggest at this time that you speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns so he/she can hold your hands through this recovery time and then make an informed decision after you have allowed some healing time. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M. D.

Michael Elam, MD

Can blepharoplasty be reversed

Blepharoplasty cannot be reversed but if excessive skin has been excised, it can be reconstructed. As far your concern, it is too early to make decision about your result since you need to heal which will take several months to complete. Best

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO

Upper bleph redone?

Cannot redo an upper eyelid bleph; you will have to be patient and allow your skin to stretch out on its own. Please see examples of upper eyleid bleph below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Can upper bleph ever be reversed/undone?

Without at least preop and postop photos it is not possible to comment on your situation. But a blepharoplasty of the upper lids involves removing skin, so to undo it would require adding skin, thus a skin graft. It is doable but not with good results. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Reversing Upper Bleph

Given you are so early in the recovery and healing phase, I would advise you to be patient and wait things out.  It will really be at least 6 weeks if not 4 months before you can appreciate your results.  At first and early on it can be somewhat daunting, therefore be patient and allow things to settle to really appreciate your results.

If after 4 months you are unhappy with your results, I would then discuss with your plastic surgeon what can be done to improve things.

Farbod Esmailian, MD