Suction cup placement. Should I go for symmetrical or where my belly protrudes the most? (photos)

A month ago, the nurse placed the suction cup in the black rectangle area. Due to scheduling problem I am unable to have the left area (on the photo) treated until now. However, my belly protrudes/sticks out the most at the purple area in the 2nd photo. Did she choose the wrong area for my body shape? For the upcoming session for left side, where would you advise the suction cup be placed (in the black area, in the purple area, or somewhere else) ? I am going to do cool sculpting twice on my abdomen.

Suction cup placement. Should I go for symmetrical or where my belly protrudes the most?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell from your photos. I would recommend returning to your treating physician to discuss the best treatment plan for you. Regards,

CoolSculpting Placement

Hi and thank you for your question.

It is very difficult to tell you whether the applicator cup was placed correctly or not based on a picture.  I would need to see you in person to make that determination.  However it does look like it was placed correctly.  I recommend talking over your treatment plan with your physician. 

Best of luck to you!

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

I suggest a formal consultation with an expert to determine what you are best a candidate for , contouring with surgery or noninvasive devices.  Best, Dr. Emer.

It is very difficult to see what the concerns are from your photos. Make sure to ask the doctor who is treating you for the best treatment plan. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Unit Placement

It looks like the unit was place correctly.  Without seeing you in person it's difficult to say how many or which unit would fit you properly.  I'm assuming she used the CoolCore unit on you to create more of a sculptured abdomen.  You could possible need 3 placements depending on the width of your torso.  Or you could possibly need 2 CoolCores and 1 CoolMax to achieve your desired look.  I feel more than 1 treatment would need to be done to accomplish maximum desired results.

Eric P. Bachelor, MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Where To Place CoolSculpting Applicators

The best way to determine where to apply the CoolSculpting applicators to give you the best result is during an in-person consultation and evaluation. An experienced CoolSculpting physician will be able to work with you to determine your areas of concern. By examining the distribution of fat they will know how many applicators to use and where to place them to give you the best result. The fact that they only used a single applicator to your left side and it's placement shows a lack of experience by your provider. Please choose your provider carefully.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

#CoolSculpting results depend on proper placement and # of treatments.

The best way to determine the proper placement and number of treatments needed for optimal results is by examining the patient.  Photos can only tell us so much.  Physically assessing the firmness of the fat tissue the position of the fat (above or below the muscle) cannot be replaced by merely looking.  An experienced provider of CoolSculpting with pinch and squeeze and view from many angles to get just the perfect plan.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon