I am 1 week 1 day post op from breast augmentation through armpit. Just noticed red yellow pus very little. Worried? (Photo)

I am 1 week 1day post op from breastaugmentation threw the armpit and today as I was getting ready to shower I noticed a little yellow red pus leaking a little . Should I be concerned? Is this normal?

Incision Opening

It would be best for you to have this examined in person by your Plastic Surgeon. They will advise you about wound care and ensure that it doesn't become infected or problematic.
All the best

Open Incision

Hello,The photo seems to indicate an area of incisional opening, but does not look infected. If there is any question, visit your surgeon immediately.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

In person exam required

Under no circumstances is this normal nor can it be ignored.  You need to be evaluated by the surgeon that performed this operation.

Thank you for the question and you are probably developing a small sterile stitch abcess which, while not normal, may occur no matter where the incision.  So contact your surgeon and get his advice about treatment.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Call your surgeon

It appears to be a local wound opening from an internal suture that popped or pulled loose.Likely will be OK, but best to notify your surgeon.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Pus Appears Post-Op

Hello and thank you for your question. I would definitely say that with the appearance of pus leaking from your incision the best thing to do right away is visit your surgeon to have the area evaluated to make sure whether or not there is infection. You should try to see your surgeon right away so that the area can be treated promptly and well as needed. Best of luck to you!

The photo is a bit blurry unfortunately so it's tough to give advice, but it does look like something you'd want to get examined in person. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Drainage after Augmentation

It is often just a small area of skin breakdown but you should notify your surgeon as soon as possible for further instructions.