I had lipo on my flanks a week ago and they look the same.

I know there is still swelling but shouldn't I see some reduction since fat was removed from there? My love handles look exactly the same as before my procedure and I doubt the swelling will take it down a few inches. Did my surgeon do a bad job? I'm afraid I spent all this money for no results.

Recovery from liposuction in flanks

Congratulations on your liposuction! most patients are eager to see immediate results but bare in mind, liposuction is a surgical procedure that will have side-effects and complications such as swelling, bruising and redness. Often patients are bloated post-procedure due to the anesthesia and it takes weeks for that to flush out of the system. As long as you trusted a certified doctor, have faith that results with appear in due course. 

Too Soon To Tell--Add Venus Legacy, Cellutone, Exilis Ultra to aftercare

It's too soon to tell. You most likely have swelling after your procedure which can last 3-6 months. I recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen and lymphatic massage along with your compression to help decrease swelling.  I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. If you're concerned about your results, follow up with your doctor.  If you want more contouring you may want to consider a 4D VASER HI DEF procedure. Best, Dr. Emer

No result at a week

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

You will not see your result for weeks. Your flanks are swollen and they will look the same or worse until the swelling goes down.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS