I'm 5'4 & 130 looking for a full D, is 590-650cc too much?

hi am 5'4 130pounds 32b, I'm looking for full D my doctor said 590-650cc silicon implant ultra high profile i want them to be close together when i don't wear a bra. is this too big? my girlfriend is same size as me she has 525cc but i want to be a bit bigger then her and much closer together.

What size implant do I need to be a full D!?

My specialty is XL breast implants. Most plastic surgeons are reluctant to place large sizes. Every about 150cc is about 1 cup size so you can get a rough idea of what size you would need. You may want to visit xlbreastimplants info. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size

Hello and thank you for your question! First off, a consultation with a board-certified surgeon with extensive experience is a must. The doctor is then able to assess you and suggest the best size for your frame. There are many factors to consider: the quality of skin/ soft tissue, the dimensions of your breast, and your unique anatomy. I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Implant sizing

The proper size implant depends on the dimensions of your breast and the quality and laxity of the breast skin. How close the implants are together depends on where the muscle insertion is on the breast bone. That also will depend on your unique anatomy. The ultra high profile gives the greatest volume with the narrowest base width. The implants will also give the most dramatic upper pole fullness. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and guide your decision making process. Bring photos of breasts that are attractive to you to help your surgeon understand your goals.Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

Thanks so much for your question.   Implant sizing takes account many factors, including your chest wall measurements, quality of skin/soft tissue, desired final appearance.  Guaranteeing a final cup size is not always possible, especially since bra brands differ so widely in their sizes, so your idea of a size "D" may not be the same as another patient's.  I would recommend finding photos of breast size and projection that you would like and showing it to your surgeon for him to achieve that look.   Hope this helps...best of luck!Best,Joyce C. Chen, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

Hello,The sooner you let go of using bra cup sizes to measure breast size, the more likely you'll be happy after a breast augmentation. Cup sizes are impossible to guarantee or predict, even when some surgeons are willing to give you such an impossible promise. What is really important is how you look in the mirror, so sizing in the office with an unpadded bra will give you and your surgeon much more usable information. Beyond that, it needs to be said that more important than your aesthetic goals is your body's anatomic capacity, which may limit the use of such a large implant.Be sure to visit only ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.  And just say no to the nipple incision.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Choosing a breast implant size depends on several factors, some of the most important being the size and contour of your chest wall. You may want an implant larger than 600ccs, but it may not fit well onto your chest and may end up curving into your armpit. You may also have a sloped or pointed chest (pigeon-chested) which would mean your breasts naturally fall to the side when you are out of a bra regardless of the size of your implants. It is best to have an in-person examination where everything is meticulously measured and examined from your skin quality to the size of your chest and available overlying skin tissue. That way, your plastic surgeon can recommend the specific range of implant shapes and sizes that would best fit your specific frame and getting you as close to your goals as possible. 590-650cc may work on you, but it is not something that can be decided on height and weight alone. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for the question.  Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

***Given your concerns, I would suggest that you schedule additional time to spend with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "full D cup” to "too big on me" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Seems large

Thanks for the great question. I agree with Dr. Cohen, that those implants sound too big for your frame. A lot of patients get caught up on the CC's of implants, but in my opinion those are the least important thing. The most important thing is working with your surgeon to find an implant that fits your anatomy while at the same time giving you a look you like. How close your implants are together is also determined by your anatomy. Some women have breasts which are closer together and others have breast further apart. If a surgeon try and change your natural anatomy, then that's when things look very unnatural. I hope this helps and best of luck in your area!~Dr. Sieber

Large implants in a smaller person

I have never met you or measured your base width diameter, but based on your height and weight, those sound like very large implants for your body size. Keep in mind, the larger the implant and the higher the profile, the more force is applied to your tissues.  What that means is that over time you will be at more risk for stretch deformities, rippling, drooping and implant malpositions.  Although you may like the look at first, over time you will be setting yourself up for a higher risk of complications.As far as closeness in the cleavage area, much of this is determined by your pectoralis muscle attachments.  Some people have naturally closer breasts than others.  Implants can be used to adjust this, but there is always some carryover from each patient's preoperative appearance.  Also, as the profile goes higher, the base width gets narrower, so you may find an ultra high profile too narrow and projected.I would recommend re-thinking your size decision with more focus on maximizing longevity of your results and minimizing complications.  If you still want a fuller, rounder look, consider compromising with a high profile instead of ultra high.  This will necessitate using a somewhat smaller high (as opposed to the ultra high) profile implant to avoid exceeding your base width diameter, but I think that would be a good idea.  You can get the same width without needing the extra projection.  I rarely use implants in the 500cc plus range (except in overall larger patients that need a proportionately larger implant) because I perform a lot of revision surgery and have seen many of the problems very large implants can cause.  Ultimately, you will have a lot of control over what implant you choose, but you need to choose wisely keeping the long term issues in mind.  Good luck!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon