What Would It Cost Me to Do a Revision Mommy Makeover? Hate my First Result. (photo)

Mommy Makeover Revision

Hi Thanks for your question.  I would recommend placing a small implant to give you more upper pole fullness and projection on your breasts, followed by revision of the areola scars to make them smaller and more rounded in shape, then revising the inferior pole vertical scar to support this upper pole projection.  You may also consider lowering the tummy tuck scar and doing some laser liposuction of the flanks so that your scars can be hidden in a low cut bikini.  Costs depends on whether you want it all done together or separately, or if you want IV sedation or general anesthesia for your procedure.  Good luck and take care.

Estimated Costs for a Mommy Makeover and Seeking a Board-Certified Surgeon

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate #costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org. Also, the costs are contingent on the specific #procedures being combined in the operation. Such will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation. Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time. 

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Unhappy after Mommy Makeover Surgery?

Costs of revisionary surgery will vary from one practice to another.  Given that you have already spent a significant amount of money, your concerns regarding the costs of additional surgery are understandable.

However, your first priority at this point should be seeking consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary surgery.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

When you do select your plastic surgeon, make sure you communicate exactly what you “hate” and what you would like to achieve as clearly as possible. The use of goal pictures may be helpful during this process. You may also find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about revisionary surgery.

What Would It Cost Me to Do a Revision Mommy Makeover?

I can understand your displeasure as I look at these photos. Pre-op pictures would be helpful, but would not change what could be done from here on in. 

Both parts of the procedure would need to be redone. If the implants are above the muscle as it appears they might be, placing them underneath would be helpful, The areolas could be higher and smaller.

The TT incision ought to be lower. That may not be a simple decision in terms of how best to accomplish that, and there may be tradeoffs. 

If your original surgeon is a board certified surgeon, I would start there. That surgeon would most certainly charge less than would a new one. A new surgeon would probably charge about what you probably have paid already. 

Best wishes

Revision surgery

You need to be specific as to what bothers you and the results expected. After examination the plastic surgeon will be able to answer your questions and tell you what is available and what are the expectations.

Looking at the pictures posted there are many issues I would like to change but do not know if that is what you want and if it is feasible. can answer these questions after examination. The cost would be very simmilar to the original surgery.

What Would It Cost Me to Do a Revision Mommy Makeover? Hate my First Result.

If you want the areolae reduced and the lift performed again as well as the tummy tuck scar lowered this may be only $7000 or so.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeover and mommy makeover revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision mommy makeover questions?

Hello and thanks for your post with photos. You didn't say what you disliked about your mommy makeover so it is a challenge to point things out. Certainly, one might consider lowering the tummy tuck scar into a more acceptable position and re-lifting your breasts. A reduction of the areola size is also a consideration. It is always best to return to your original surgeon and let them know your dissatisfaction. Revision surgery is usually more economical if you return to your original surgeon while using a new plastic surgeon is more costly, on average. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD