How Much Would It Cost to Repair Gauged Ears That Are Gauged at One Inch?

My boyfriends ears are gauges at a size one inch and they are pretty big holes and we are looking to get them repaired and were wondering how much an estimate would be where we live at and an estimate on how much local anesthesia would probably cost plus the procedure. From FL.

Ear lobe reconstruction cost

Ear Lobe surgery cost varies significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgeon you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Most procedures will be performed in a doctor’s office where costs can be contained. If not will it be performed in a hospital or an independent out- patient facility? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia – local anesthesia is typical and less costly. If IV sedation or General Anesthesia is used: Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc.

#earlobesurgery
#earloberepair
#earloberepaircost

Cost to repair big earlobe holes

Earlobe reduction usually cost between $500 and $1500 dollars depending upon the complexity of the correction, the surgeons experience, and city in which the surgery is being performed. Most offices can arrange for payment plans. Banks, credit cards, Care Credit, Proper are just a few of the companies that offer plans. Many are no interest for 12-18 months.
Geographic costs and names of experienced doctors can be found on Real Self or the websites for the American Society of plastic surgeons for the American Society of aesthetic plastic surgery

Earlobe repair

Earlobe repair can usually be done in the office. The cost will depend on complexity and whether one or both ears are involved. Cost can typically range anywhere from $500-1,000 in most normal circumstances.

Earlobe gauge repair

I do a lot of these repairs and I keep my prices reasonable about $300 to $400 per side. Call around and ask about prices. Some surgeons charge an outrageous amount for these repairs which are really quite simple once the surgeon as done a lot of them.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Earlobe gauge repair cost

In our office we charge $250 for small repairs, such as a torn out or elongated piercing from large earrings. For larger holes due to gauges, which require signficantly more work, we charge $400-$500 per ear.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cost of ear lobe repair

Thank you for your question. The cost of surgery depends on the geographic location of the practice and experience of the surgeon. The procedure is done in the office and requires local anesthesia. The results are usually excellent. What you need to do is contact your local plastic surgeons, check their results and go with the one you feel comfortable with. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

How much will it cost to close my large gauge holes?

Believe it or not, this is a common question.  When the military recently started awarding large "sign up" bonuses to new recruits, we had an increase in patients requesting closure of the large holes left by Gauges in the ear lobes (the military will not let you in with these in place).

Due to this, I see more patients with requests to close the holes left from gauges.  The procedure is done under local anesthesia and takes about 1 hour.  You can expect to pay between $600-$800 total depending on the size of the holes. Usually, we ask patients to remove the gauges for six weeks to let the skin shrink some before performing the procedure. Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Earlobe Reconstruction

Our prices are based on the amount of work required to reconstruct the earlobe.  The typical price range in our office is $750.00 to 1,000.00.

Gauged earlobe repair cost

The typical cost will be from $750-$1500 dollars all inclusive.  It really depends person to person based on the amount of work required.  It is done under local anesthesia in the office.

Closing of Gauged Ears, Torn Earlobes

In regards to gauges, I generally will charge $1000 for the first ear closure and $750 for a second done the same day.  This is a highly technical surgery and one that requires about one hour of surgery per ear to complete well.  I do offer a discount for young people who are closing gauges to enter the military.

Earlobe repair is a separate issue if it is simply a widened or torn piercing.  These are generally repaired for about half the cost depending on severity.

Both are done in office with local anesthetic.  The patients are comfortable throughout the process.

Best of Luck.

Dr. Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon