Cost of Facelift Done by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon?

I have read many questions and the doctors answers concerning the cost of a LifeStyle or QuickLift. So how much does the average board certified plastic surgeon charge for a facelift?

Price of a Facelift

I prefer the term 'facial rejuvenation' over the more antiquated term 'facelift', as many patients that I see who seek a more youthful and refreshed facial appearance undergo a set of surgical procedures very different from what would have been considered a 'facelift' twenty-five years ago.

The word 'rejuvenation' means, literally, 'to make young again'. In each individual, different facial changes occur with age. One person may be unhappy with 'baggy eyelids', while another has 'droopy eyebrows'. One person may be troubled by 'jowls' in the lower face, while another would like an improvement in their 'floppy neck'.

Surgical treatment of facial aging changes must therefore be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires. No two 'facelifts', by necessity, are the same. In helping a patient to make decisions about plastic surgery for facial rejuvenation, I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance: the brows and eyelids, the cheeks or 'midface', the lower face and chin, and the neck. An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.

Therefore, the price of a facelift will depend on exactly what each person needs and the time required to perform surgery. To select a plastic surgeon, take your time researching , visiting websites, view many, many before and after photos and speak to former patients.

Beware of doctors who discount their fees. Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it is a sign of desperation. The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully. There is much more to consider than just the price in dollars that you pay: is your surgeon actually listening to you, do they truly understand the appearance that you hope to achieve, do you feel that he or she will be easily available and attentive once the surgery has been performed. If you don't have a good feeling, don't stick around to 'save money', go somewhere else.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Costs of a facelift

A real facelift by a board certified plastic surgeon and a LS lift by a non-plastic surgeon (usually an ENT physician) is comparing apples and oranges so you can't compare them by price either. They are not the same and the results are not the same. You might want to call Dr. Barry Bishop in Greenville SC as he is an excellent plastic surgeon.

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is difficult to give you a definite answer, as every facial procedure requires individualized approach. Your question is about quick lift, so, it is very important to realise, that nowadays it is not the same surgery, called "quick lift" we used to know 20 or 30 years ago. I and many of my colleagues prefer to use the term "facial rejuvenation", and it isn't also the same for different patients, and suppose various techniques, combinations and result.

So, the complexity of the surgery is just one factor, forming the price. Other things, on which the price depends are: the country, the city, the level of med. facility, surgeon's training and reputation, fees for anesthesya and all supplies used during and after the surgery, one overnight stay in a hospital, fees for the staff that will care after you, all visits before and after surgery, possibility for revisions, etc.  Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it might be a sign of chaos. The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully.

I'd like to remind you kindly that looking for the lowest price is not the best approach when it comes to surgery.
My best regards..

Ercan Karacaoglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Costs

The cost of facelift like other procedure vary considerably across the country and even in the same area depending on the cost structure. More expensive cities such as New York or Los Angeles, or areas with fewer board certified plastic surgeons may be more expensive than South Florida. Our facelift price starts at $4000 + MD Anesthesia.

For the highest standards and cost containment, consult with experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons who own their own nationally accredited surgery center.

Consult in person with three experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Facelift costs

Thank you for your question. The different facial surgery procedures can be done in isolation or as a combination of procedures and each procedure can help to address individualized concerns with the face. The total cost of a facial surgery can vary immensely depending on what combination of procedures are considered. The range can be anywhere from 8,000 to 25,000 dollars. For example, a facelift can be combined with a neck lift, eyelid lifts (upper and lower), brow lift, mid face lift and fat grafting procedures. Each of these can add time and costs to the procedure. Staying a night or two in the hospital will also contribute to the cost. Further there are some great non-surgical procedures such as laser resurfacing that can help further optimize your results and be added to your procedure in a staged fashion or at the time of surgery.

More important than the cost, however, is finding the right surgeon for you and help you assess your concerns and develop an appropriate surgical plan of care for you.

Facelift cost

The cost of a facelift depends on several factors, such as the city, surgeon, surgical facility, technique applied, and extent of correction desired. In Toronto, Ontario, you can expect to pay around $13,000 to $15,000. Financing is available with monthly payment plans from a couple hundred dollars.

Cost of face lift

In your area I bet there are a number of qualified plastic surgeons. I prefer to use an accredited surgery center with a board certified doctor anesthesiologists so this adds about $2000 to the bill or more. The surgery fee I charge is dependent on what I do and on the low end is $4500 to $ 6,500 if we are talking just neck face area. So a total of $7000 is reasonable in my area. The procedure takes me about 3 hours and you go home about an hour after you have recovered from the anesthesia. Do not go for bargain mini or partial procedures; in my opinion you may not get the result you want and then have to pay to get them fixed. Find a well qualified doctor and look at their before and after pics. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Costs Vary From State to State & Surgeon to Surgeon; The Average Surgeon Fee is $6,607.00

If you are considering facelift surgery it is very important that you consult a fully trained, experienced Board-certified plastic surgeon.  A well-trained surgeon can describe to you all of the different facelift techniques and help choose the one best suited for you.

Recent statistics published by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery indicate that the average surgeon fee for a facelift nationwide is $6,607.  This fee does not include the cost of the facility nor does it include any fees associated with anesthesia. 

Total costs for facelifts vary from geographic location to geographic location and doctor to doctor.  It is further varied depending on the procedure performed.  With this in mind, you should expect to see a range of costs for facelift surgery of approximately $6,000 to $20,000.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Look at results for value not simply cost

Cost are geography dependant. In new york it may be more and in your area it may be less. Go for a consultation.  I would look to other non-invasive methods first. The basis of a facelift is not pulling the skin rather it is repositioning of tissues under the skin and then re-draping the skin over the more youthful understructure. In some patients neck liposuction, fat grafting and other procedures to the eyes or forehead are done concurrently. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to get a detailed exam and treatment plan. Most have complimentary or low cost consultations. It will better help you judge value and cost.

Cost of Facelift Surgery

Thank you for your question.  The pricing information varies depending on exactly what is performed, the surgeon's credentials and experience with the procedure, if the surgery is performed in an outpatient surgery center or in an office setting, who administers the anesthesia.  Please be careful when choosing your surgeon because there is a difference in expertise, experience and credentialling.  Facelifting surgery can range from $9000 and up depending on exactly what is performed. I hope this helps.