Cost of Chin Reduction Surgery? (photo)

I have been uncomfortable with my chin for years now. Sometimes I think it looks find, sometimes I think it looks too prominent and manly. What are your opinions on my chin? What is the average cost for chin reduction? Should I get my nose done as well?

Chin implant cost

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?            3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery           4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Facial balance

I can see what you're referring to in your pictures.  While you don't have much of your nose in them, from what I can see, it appears that de-emphasizing both nose and chin would enhance your facial balance and provide greater harmony to your facial appearance.  A bony chin reduction can take place through a small incision inside your mouth, and entalls removing excess chin bone and re-shaping the soft-tissue.  Both this and nose surgery are routinely done together as outpatient surgery.  Chin surgery ranges from $3-6K, and a rhinoplasty can cost even more depending on what needs to be done.

Hope this helps,

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Chin and jaw reduction

Thanks for the photos, but to get best recommendations, I suggest you have frontal, oblique, and full facial lateral views.  Your photos don't have enough brow and forehead to comment about your nose.  Cephalometric analysis can help to determine aesthetic balance.  We have always done skeletal shaping this way.  Specific to chin reduction, shaving of contours can be done as an outpatient under sedation or with general anesthesia with rough estimate of cost $4K.