How to Correct Sagging/Oddly Shaped Mouth and Chin? (photo)

I'm in my 20s and have a couple of facial concerns I'd like to address. My congenital under-eye circles and wide nose bridge and tip are things I plan to have corrected, however I am curious as to what could be done for my mouth and chin. As you can see in my photos, my lower lip is protruding from my chin oddly - there's a sagging crease underneath my lips and down the sides of my chin. What's causing this? Is it a matter of not having enough fat in the chin region? Could it be corrected?

Doctor Answers 3

Weak chin profile

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 A small chin implant placed  over the chin area would help further define and strength  the lower chin  area.  This will give better balance to the lower lip. Patient's may combine the chin implant with a rhinoplasty if they so desire, or the chin implant  can be done under local anesthesia. Computer imaging of the chin area and nose will help in the communication process.

Chin implant for a weak chin.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chin implant for a weak chin is all you need and your mouth looks fine. Do not let someone talk you into mouth surgery.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

The issues you have are best addressed with fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The under eye hollow, lip and chin issues are beautifully addressed with the hyaluronic acid fillers Restylane and Perlane.  The big issue is making sure the doctor is on your wavelength and that the two of you agree on how this should be approached so you don't get overfilled.  No one wants to look like a clown.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.