How Do I Correct my Protruding Nose? (photo)

How do i correct my protruding nose? Please Help! my nose juts forward and bothers me do you of any way i can possible do this without surgery? money is no object please help me if there is no way i can make my nose smaller, then is there anyway i can make it more upturned to mask the protrudingness thank you so much

Doctor Answers 9


Yes, the tip of your nose does stick out a bit far; but I do not think it is so bad that you should change it.  There area a number of different ways to put the tip back, but this could make your nose too small. I think you have a strong, masculine  nose and should leave it alone. 

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Non-surgical rhinoplasty cannot make a nose smaller

True reduction rhinoplasty requires surgery. Non-surgical techniques involves using filler to fill around the nasal hump and sometimes the tip to even out contours but always by adding filler to hide a bump. I find that computer imaging, especially the new 3-D Vectra is great for discussing and planning rhinoplasty. You have one nose and should do it right the first time.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 125 reviews

Nasal improvement

Based solely on your photos, I think your nose looks nice. I would be reluctant to operate on you.  Think twice about what you want. Good luck.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

You do not appear to be a candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery or Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty.

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

You appear to have a nice nose and handsome facial features. The only way to make your nose smaller would be with Rhinoplasty Surgery, and based on your photos, surgery may be something your might regret.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 418 reviews

Protruding nose can be reduced.


You look like a good candidate for "reduction" rhinoplasty.  Should be pretty straight forward.  Relatively small change in nose can make big change in face.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

#Rhinoplasty for Projecting Nose

It is possible to make your nose less projecting with a rhinoplasty, but making more upturned can feminize the nose. I would recommend undergoing computer imaging to ensure what you are asking for is your actual desire. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Best of luck,

Vincent Marin, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

How to correct protruding nose?

Rhinoplasty can certainly set your nose back if that's what you desire. I agree with some of the other comments. You need to be sure this is what you want as you have a good look and there is no going back after you change it.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Rhinoplasty for the protruding nose.

Rhinoplasty can be done to set your nose closer to the face.  Having said that I do not think you need a rhinoplasty as your mode looks great the way it is. You can always find someone to operate on you!

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

Tip deprojection without surgery

Unfortunately there's no way, to my knowledge, of making your nose smaller or bringing the tip closer to your face (deprojecting) other than surgery.  Surgery, on the other hand, could achieve all the changes you are seeking.  Objectively speaking, though, I would be hesitant to make your nose more "upturned" because your nasolabial angle looks appropriate right now.  Over-rotating your tip (making your nose upturned) will make it look feminine.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 57 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.