Can anyone correct my belly button? (photo)

I had nacrosis after my tummy tuck. Had two surgeries, laser treatment , steroid injections to correct my belly button. My belly button is destroyed. Can anyone help me look normal again?

Doctor Answers 5

Bellybutton Reconstruction

Realistically the scar tissue which comprises your belly button is not useable and must be cut out and discarded. It needs to be replaced with a skin graft, which after healing and .shrinking down, will have a much better bellybutton look

Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

Can anyone correct my belly button?

If this is truly total umbilical loss, a new belly button can be fashioned from the surrounding skin.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 496 reviews

Correct Belly Button?

It is difficult to see from the photos the revision that is needed. Seek a second opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, so that revision surgery can be discussed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 62 reviews

Difficult to tell

Unfortunately, the picture doesn't quite tell the whole picture. Also feeling the scar also helps. Thus I agree that a second opinion could be quite helpful to you.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Can anyone correct my belly button? (photo)

Thanks for your question. The photo is bit too close up to get the whole picture--then entire abdomen should be in view. I think getting a second opinion consultation would be in your interest. Although I am quite confident this can be improved, just how will depend on findings on exam.

All the best.

Jourdan Gottlieb, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 45 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.