How to Correct Fraxel Damage?

I have suffered damage from the fraxel laser. This has manifested itself in the form of fat loss in the forehead and the temples. The results are random indention/depressions, fine lines and track marks. How can this be fixed? Fillers? Fat transfers? Stem Cells? PRP? Please help as this is really distressing me.

Doctor Answers 2

Fractionated Skin Damage

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Not enough information to answer your questions.  I would recommend examination of your skin.  There are many fractionated CO2 lasers that call themselves "Fraxel", but not all tissue is Kleenex, not all fractionated CO2 is Fraxel.  If you were treated with true Fraxel (Solta), small skin abnormalities eventually resolve.  There are treatments to correct what you are describing, but I would need to examine you to be able to recommend what is best for you.  Please feel free to give us more information, email photos, or call.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino, CA

Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Fraxel and atrophy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your skin changes are very unusual after either Fraxel Restore or Repair. If the treatment was recently done, it may resolve spontaneously, but otherwise, if your doctor who treated you can't help you, then seek a second opinion from a physician that is experienced in laser resurfacing.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.