What to do - I have to see this everyday and it shows through clothes. (photos)

It's awful what procedure will help with this?? Went to plastic surgeon who say groin thigh lift that extends all the way under buttock and incision going up side of buttock attaching to TT incision to remove excess skin I'm a little concerned it won't work

What to do - I have to see this everyday and it shows through clothes.

Thank you for your question.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Probably the best thing for this would be liposuction. Being that said you should see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Seeing this in person offers the surgeon a chance to best advise you. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

What to do with "banana rolls"?

Thank you for your question and photos. You have a deformity under the buttock crease, known as a banana roll. This is difficult to fully correct, but I would not suggest thigh lift and excision. You can l have a nice result with superficial liposuction and fat grafting into the depressed areas. Once you heal, Cellulaze laser or Thermitight RF can tighten the skin. This will not leave you with any visible scars as a thigh lift would. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation. Good luck.

Liposuction for back bra rolls #plasticsurgery

Its tough to tell what is actually depicted in your photos - but I'm assuming your are photographing your 'back rolls' or 'dorsal rolls' - these can be treated with tumescent liposuction.

Your photos demonstrate that liposuction alone may be all you need. Thigh lift is a much bigger procedure with significant scars. I recommend liposuction first, if still dissatisfied, thigh lift can always be done later. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Re: Thighs- What to do - I have to see this everyday and it shows through clothes.

Thighlift and liposuction are two dramatically different procedures.  My suggestion would be to consider liposuction alone to see if you are satisfied with the result.  Reducing the padding in the roles will make them most prominent but will not make them disappear.  If the simpler procedure (liposuction) satisfies you then you have avoided long and extensive scars and a much more expensive and larger procedure. If on the other hand you seek the most dramatic change and are willing to accept the long and probably permanent scars then consider a thighlift.

Good luck with your decision.  I feel that you do not burn any bridges by starting with liposuction alone and that would be my first recommendation.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Addressing a "banana roll"

It is a "banana roll." You do have different options to address with most common being liposuction and skin excision. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Excision is best bet to make a pronounced difference

Thanks for the question and the photos. The "banana roll" can be treated with a combination of liposuction and excision. Sometimes the area can actually be created by overresection with lipo. There is certainly a trade off, but if you want to look good in clothes the skin would need to be removed. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Bananna Rolls- Yikes, need to get rid of it.

Hi Dis

That roll just under the gluteal crease is the "bananna roll".  A thigh lift is a significant operation with scar, but in carefully selected patients, it is the best option.  Obviously, the scars which my be excellent, or frankly, not great are a consideration, as are the other risks vs. benefits.

I tell my patients all the time "you don't have to be perfect, you only have to be happy".  You need think about how much improvement it will take to get you happy with your posterior thighs.  For example, if you want the most powerful procedure for cosmetic improvement in this area, posterior thigh lift would be it.

OTH, If you would be happy with say not perfect but pretty or very good, you may want to consider liposuction, especially laser lipo.  Even though lipo won't likely give you as much improvement, it may be able to meet your goals and not have the risks, expense, and scars of the thigh lift.

Hope this helps.

SmartLipo & Cellulaze

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I think you may benefit from SmartLipo of the back and inner thighs along with Cellulaze of the buttocks. I offer Smartlipo Triplex for patients in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas looking for a minimally invasive alternative to traditional liposuction. SmartLipo loosens then removes fat and tightens the overlying skin, reducing bulges of fat while simultaneously toning the body. It also offers tissue retraction through soft tissue coagulation, reliable, controlled energy delivery, reduced liposuction procedure time and patient downtime, less bleeding and bruising than traditional liposuction and high-definition body sculpting capabilities. Smartlipo also delivers precision and versatility with wavelengths that are ideal for smaller and larger fat deposits, tissue retraction, fibrous areas, or secondary liposuction cases. Cellulaze works by leveling out bumps of fat to give a smoother appearance, treats dimples by releasing the bands that pull down on the skin and stimulates collagen production. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who offers these procedures to see if you are a good candidate for it. Best of luck in your endeavors.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon