1 months post op, swelling under incision. Any suggestions? (photos)

Today is one month post op after breast augmentation surgery , 400cc under the muscle . Nothing hurts , just today in the morning I figure out that I have swelling under incision on one breast . Any suggestetions?

Incision concern after breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you should contact your plastic surgeon.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Ashburn Plastic Surgeon

Incision problems after BAM

Thanks for your question.  It is difficult to see from the photos exactly what you are describing.  I recommend you return to your plastic surgeon and have him/her examine it.  It may be a normal part of the healing process.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Fullness after BAM

Hi Afina_Zhvaniya

It is good that you are not having pain or other symptoms.  This out of the ordinary, and you should have your doctor examine it and treat as usual.  It doesn't look bad, but better safe than sorry.

Se

Scott E. Kasden, MD, FACS

The best management for a breast augmentation incision is to leave it alone.

I don't see anything problematic with the incision one month after breast augmentation. Protect it from irritation and it should improve significantly over the coming months.

Incision Pain

Hard to tell from the photos.May look a little red still. I reccomend being seen by your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS