Mini Tummy tuck or Liposuction? (photos)

I had liposuction 2 years ago. Since then I've had my second child via c-section and I'm certain I don't want anymore children. I'm not sure if Lipo is the answer because I don't want to get stuck with loose skin, but not sure if I'm a candidate for a mini tummy tuck. Any recommendations?

If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then Liposuction should definitely address the problem. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, MD
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction 

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

What procedure

With your arms raised, i don't get the best view of any loose skin. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns and options. For loose skin and muscled, the tummy tuck or mini tuck might be the best choice since you have had liposuction.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - Mini Tummy tuck or Liposuction?

Based on these photos, you would benefit more from some skin tightening (the Mini or Moderate TT) than from lipo.But you also need to know what sort of a result you'll have from this - you can have the skin between your BB and C-section scar tightened but it will not affect anything above your BB.  I don't know that you even need or want that but you should talk to your PS to go over exactly which parts of your abdomen will be affected and which won't so that you don't wind up disappointed with what is otherwise a good result objectively.I hope that this helps and good luck,Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500

Based on your pictures looks like you can go with just liposuction for a nice hourglass shape. consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos.You are a great candidate for a mini TT to take care of the excess skin. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mini tummy tuck for lower abdominal skin tightening

You don't appear to have a lot of loose skin, but if it is the lower abdomen that bothers you most then a mini tummy tuck could be considered. It would involve removing any excess fat and shaping for the whole abdomen but the skin in the upper abdomen would not be changed. The scar would be where your existing C-section scar is now.

Richard Baxter, MD