I would like my insurance to pay for breast reduction by CoolSculpting. Is this possible? (Photo)

Coolsculpting

Hi, CoolSculpting is not currently FDA Cleared for fat reduction in the breast area. 

Sheila Nazarian MD,MMM

I would like my insurance to pay for breast reduction by CoolSculpting. Is this possible?

Thank you for your question. The breast area cannot be treated with CoolSculpting. If you desire a reduction, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that works for you. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting and Breast Reduction

CoolSculpting is not currently FDA Cleared for fat reduction in the breast area. I would recommend contacting a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as this may better fit what you are looking for. Best of luck. 

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

No, this is not approved or recommended by myself nor CoolSculpting. If you are seeking a breast reduction I suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical options and insurance information. Good luck! 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and Cool Sculpt

No, this is not an approved use for cool sculpting and please seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon should you wish to have a breast reduction which is what you most likely need. Good luck on your journey. 

Breast Reduction and Cool Sculpting

This is not approved or recommended. You need a breast reduction consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon and then, that may be approved through insurance. Do not seek cool sculpt for this issue or trust anyone that says it is an option. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Breast Reduction

CoolSculpting is not FDA approved for the breasts.  CoolSculpting reduces stubborn bulges on the stomach, flanks, thighs, and submental area.  With the amount of skin laxity and breast tissue you have, you will need to consult a board certified plastic surgeon for a breast reduction.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Coolsculpting for breast reduction

There is no FDA indication for coolsculpt on the breast.  You have significant skin laxity and the amount of loose skin after fat reduction would not be a good outcome.  Not a recommended procedure on the breast.  Your best option is to seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a breast reduction.

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for breast reduction

The short answer is no. There are several reasons:

Coolsculpting is not FDA approved for reducing the size of breasts
Coolsculpting is designed to reduce fat, it would not be effective at shrinking actual breast tissue
Coolsculpting does not cause any skin tightening, so if it did reduce the breast volume the shape would continue to have droop. In this scenario, its very likely the droop would get worse. 

Breast reduction surgery is highly successful, very safe, and has a relatively quick recovery. All things considered breast reduction patients are my happiest patients (due to functional and cosmetic improvement at the same time). You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and consider your options!