What do I do about my headache?

I get migraines and headaches everyday and sometimes they go away and sometimes they do not. I have a high tolerance for drugs and when I get a headache or migraine I try to sleep it off and it works but i woke up and found it was still there. How do i get rid of it or what's the problem?

Botox approved treatment for migraines

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you're having headaches every day, and you have not seen a physician, then that's the first thing you should do. Depending on the types of headaches you are having, Botox may be a solution for you.  After you have been seen by a physician and/or a neurologist, then find an experienced, certified practitioner who routinely and successfully treats migraines with Botox.  Botox works by weakening the muscles involved in your headaches.  If your headaches ever feel like a vice grip around your head, face, jaw, and/or neck, then there is a decent chance that Botox will work to reduce your headaches.  Sometimes Botox eliminates the headaches entirely.  Botox treatment usually lasts for 3-4 months and can last 6-8 months.  I imagine if you're having headaches every day, the idea of not having a headache for 3 months could be life changing for you.  I hope this helps, and I wish you luck in finding a solution.

Headaches/Migraines

There are many causes of headaches, with migraines being just one cause.  There are neurologists who specialize in headaches and can help determine (1) what is causing the heading and (2) what the best type of therapy would be.  This may or may not include Botox.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Paul B. Johnson, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon