6 weeks post op TT, does my belly button look infected? (photos)

I'm 6 weeks post tomorrow my i have been wearing my compressions around the clock. Does my belly button look infected?

Belly button infection?

Thanks for your inquiry, I think you may be spitting an absorbable suture which is not uncommon.  Please ask your surgeon to advise on treatment.  Good Luck.

Is my belly button infected

Thank you for your question and photo. Your belly button doesn't look infected to me. It just looks like some delayed healing at the 6 o'clock position. Good luck

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Belly button redness & possible infection

Honestly, probably not, but anytime there is redness, I always think it best to err on the side of caution and get the situation assessed in person by your surgeon. It is probably just from a suture. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Belly button infection

A little redness around the umbilicus is fairly typical, but you should see your doctor so he/she can get a good look and exam to let you know if you need to start some antibiotics. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

6 weeks post op TT, does my belly button look infected?

Thank you for your question. Based on your picture, it looks that your body is reacting to a suture. This is not uncommon to happen. Contact your surgeon so he can evaluate, meanwhile put some triple antibiotic ointment and cover it with a gauze. Good luck.

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Not an infection

Thanks for your question and the photo. Congratulations on your surgery. The redness is likely from your body dissolving an internal suture but does not look like an infection. Your surgeon or their nurse can check it out to be sure. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Belly button infected?

This is a suture reaction in my opinion.  Have your surgeon take look as well but this is not infection.  I would recommend keeping this area clean and dry.  Hope this helps.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

No

Looks like you're "spitting" one of your dissolvable sutures. Keep the area clean, apply a little antibiotic ointment to minimize the risk of an infection and cover with a bandaid. Let your surgeon know if its not better in a week, you start having a fever, more redness or more pain/drainage. Good luck.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon