Will 475cc be a good size for me? (photos)

I'm getting my surgery August 1, 2017. I really want a full c small d.. I just want to look proportionate since I have wide hips. Do you think 475 is a good size? I'm getting silicone smooth round memory gel. 5'5 and weigh 130 lbs. thanks!

Will 475cc be a good size for me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging)  as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.  ***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "full C, small D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Implant size

Choosing the right implant requires an exam in person. You  may also need a small areola lift on the lower areola if you desire.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. best of luck! Dr Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

If you still have concerns about the size you and your surgeon have selected, please go back and discuss this. Ask to try on a variety of sizes--larger and smaller, to see what size you prefer. Your surgeon will guide you to the best size  range for your frame and tissue.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Will 475cc be a good size for me?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome.  It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like.  Best wishes!

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

I think that you will be close to your goal size with a 475cc breast augmentation.  You will love your results.Best Wishes,nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Breast size

Thank you for your question. Based on photos alone . If you chose 475 cc implants, your PO size will be around a DD to DDD. This is taking in to consideration that your band size is a 34.  An in person consultation is needed to give you a better determination of size. A good size for you is really what you feel comfortable with. I have women with your build who have implants that are smaller and larger, and are very happy with their breast size. Best of luck with your surgery.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast
augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired
breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue
quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion
with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.

Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD