My lips are thin and dark, is there a way to change my lip shape and increase its size permanently? (photos)

What type of procedures are there for this, and what is the estimate cost for such procedures ? And can my lips look like the picture posted below ?

Doctor Answers 4

Lip Aug

Lip augmentation is a great prices as long as it is not with a permanent filler.  I would recommend Juvederm or Restylane depending on the shape and volume. Best, Dr. Green

New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

Lip augmentation

Lip augmentation can be performed with many different products.  I prefer hyaluronic acid filler products. I do not like the other permanent fillers except for fat.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Would like a fuller lip permanently

Thank you for asking about your lip augmentation.

  • First of all, you appear to have lovely lips to start with - always a good place to start.
  • Compared to the photos, your lower lip looks smaller.
  • Your lips - upper and lower - can be made fuller - 
  • It is best to start with temporary lip filler to figure out what looks best in you.
  • Then you can have a permanent lip implant (Permalip) - an office procedure or continue with fillers.
  • Fillers and implants won't change the basic shape of your lip -
  • Micropigmentation (permanent lip color) can change the lip color and lip shape -
  • It is long lasting but not permanent.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Lip Augmentation Options

Photos or physical exam would help, but I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus to see if you like the look. Another option is fat transfer which is more permanent. It is done under local anesthesia and fat is usually taken from the lower abdomen or thighs. Studies show that at least 1/3 of transferred fat last forever. Fees vary from city to city, but Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for chance of best results. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.