Uneven breasts after surgery (Photo)

I recently asked a question but I do not know how to reply. So I am replying here with another picture. Unfortunalty i do not have pre op pictures. I had 325cc HP, under the muscle a little over 6 weeks ago. One breast seems smaller and uneven. I do not recall this before the surgery. I notice as the day goes on the left breast seems to droop, they are both soft and I've been massaging. Thanks

Recovering from augmentation

can be distressing due to the temporary appearances of breasts before implants settle.  My patients are put into straps/bands until they feel the upper poles are 'good enough' and then they stop.  I also employ massage as I use smooth round implants and they do respond to external massage in terms of moving the implants into more desirable positions.  Keep your surgeon informed of your concerns and allow him/her to help you achieve the results you desire.  My emphasis is on achieving level upper poles over level nipples since nipples can always be moved if needed.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast asymmetry

It seems that your right breast may be slightly higher in its pocket than the left; aggressive manual messages should help get your right breast into a lower pocket; a breast band, such as the mermaid band, is also very helpful in the early postoperative period.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Asymmetric Breasts

The apparent size discrepancy is due to asymmetric implant position on your chest wall. Time will possibly improve this asymmetry; you should wait for another 3 to 6 months.  One thing for sure won't help: implant displacement massage. You can stop that, as it is totally unnecessary for normal healing, and will not prevent or treat capsular contracture. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Result

Thank you for the question but you are still early post op to judge your final result.  That said communicate your concerns to your surgeon and ask about the use of a strap

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Let everything settle for many months before you get the final result

• It takes the body time to heal and for the final result to be achieved.  Any difference early on may just be swelling.  Wait and see.  
  • Also speak to your surgeon so they can reassure you.  I am sure if they are like me they would want to see you to make sure that they address your concerns and take care of any problems during the healing process.  Your surgeon's care should not stop just because the surgery is done and you've paid your bill.
  • Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon in Oakville.  He strives to be the best plastic surgeon and is one of the few plastic surgeons in Canada with a top 5-star rating on Realself, RateMD, and Ontario Doctor Review.  He is an Assistant Clinical Professor and the Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training for McMaster University.  He serves patients from the GTA including Toronto, Oakville, Mississauga, Georgetown, Brampton, Burlington, Milton, and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC