Petite, 4'11 105lbs, 32A & I'm having breast augmentation. 380CC saline filled to 400CC HP under the muscle. Too big? (Photo)

Is this size too big for me? Im really looking for a natural size. I do not want to be huge. The doctor said it will give me a full C but i would like others opinions

Breast augmentation implant size

the best way to determine what implant will look best on you is to try them on with various tops usually clingy in nature. 

Petite patient big implants

In my opinion the implants are too big for your frame. I would also not use high-profile because it would look like a round ball on your chest. Additionally I think that you will be unhappy with the saline  because saline implants tend to feel like a waterbed instead of breast tissue  The  salt water implants have many more problems with wrinkling rippling and shifting.  A smaller silicone implant which is a moderate to moderate plus would be your best bet  The current implants you're considering will not give you a natural look 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

it's a little in the large side, but not ridiculous.  You will probably be large C or small D.  Perfectly reasonable size in my opinion.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Petite, 4'11 105lbs, 32A & I'm having breast augmentation. 380CC saline filled to 400CC HP under the muscle. Too big?

Based on your height, weight and photo, 400cc high profile saline implants may look unnaturally large for your body. You'll also most likely end up wearing a bra a bit larger than your C cup goal. In order to achieve your goals, you may want to consider consulting some other plastic surgeons in your area for second opinions. Thank you for sharing your question and photo. Best wishes.
Dr. Gregory Park

Gregory Park, MD

Size with rice sizers at home...

using 1.5 cups of rice in nylon stocking compressed overnight to remove the memory of the stocking and with an unlined bra, wear it around and even during the whole day to see how you feel about it.  If you are fine with that, you will be fine with the 400 cc implants assuming the proper profile/style will fit your dimensions.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant Sizing

Implant size should be determined by two things: your anatomic capacity and your aesthetic goals. The former is the most important and the latter should be to help fine tune the size. Most early and late complications associated with breast augmentation are associated with the use of an implant too big for your breast tissue capacity and chest dimensions, not your height and weight, or bra size. Although you may hear a lot about BWD, or breast diameter, it is not the only or most important of the few quick measurements necessary to determine optimal implant size.
BTW, stop thinking about what cup size you want to be.  No one can guarantee you a cup size, as there is no formula equating implant volume with bra cups. It's best to get sized in the office of the surgeon. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons for consultation and get more information.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Best breast implant for you

Hello Riley and thank you for your question.  It comes down to YOUR personal preference and what your body will physically allow. There is a lot that goes into implant selection -- your breast volume, the amount of
cleavage you want to achieve, your base width, your rib shape/projection, etc. Also, when it comes to bra sizes, most women are not accurately sized for their bras. Please  keep in mind that a breast implant is a
round object and has a certain diameter. Your base width on each side of your chest will determine "how big of a ball" or what diameter implant you can reliably go up to with a socially acceptable cosmetic outcome. The implant will "augment" or increase the size of your breasts to an amount acceptable to you and your surgeon. There is no correlation between height and weight and base width; therefore you need an in person examination to be accurately measured. You can also compare the moderate profile with high profile implants and see which look you like most. The profile of the implant will determine how much upper pole fullness and overall projection you portray. Make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery. I hope this helps answer your question and if you are uncertain about the recommendations made by the surgeon you met with recently, I encourage you to get further consultations. I wish the best of luck to you.
Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Breast augmentation sizing

Hi - without a physical exam it is impossible to say whether 400cc is too big. Each implant has a base width in cm which corresponds to the width of your breast as measured at the nipple. Appropriate choice if implant also depends on how loose or tight your skin is which depends on many factors. It is important to be realistic about what size you can achieve as generally the larger the implant, the greater the risk of rippling and need for future revisional surgery. 
Good luck

Breast implant sizing

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.
There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 C and a 36 C are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer. Nor is there a direct correlation between implant shape or size and cup size. 
Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Impossible to give accurate size best for you without bio dimensions of your personal chest wall and quality of your breast tissue. An in office visit with surgeons necessary 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS