How long should I wait to get a breast lift and breast implants after getting a Tummy tuck?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

When can I get a breast lift after a tummy tuck.

You can usually get a breast lift or implants after about two weeks after a tummy tuck. The recovery and surgery is usually much easier.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Time between procedures

Thank you for your question.  It would have been best to have these procedures done at once for the general case.  Because it seems the tummy tuck is already finished, you should seek the advice of your operating surgeon as the time between surgeries will vary from surgeon to surgeon.  Most will advise though that one wait until the first surgery has healed before undergoing another procedure.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Tummy tuck and breast surgery

You can have them done pretty close together time wise.  Three weeks between e two procedures is lengthy assuming your tummy is completely healed.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Your chosen plastic surgery may have his/her specific recommendations for you. In my practice, I would ask that you wait at least two months in between these operations. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

3 months

It is important to allow your body the chance to recover from first surgery. You should have repeat blood work as well.

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Time between surgeries.

my response:
1) if done separately a minimum of a month between each operations.
2) if done together:
   a) one anesthesia
   b) one recovery instead of two
   c) less expensive (one operative event instead of two)
   d) less time off work.
3) I suggest you consult with a Bd. Cert. Plastic Surgeon who has experience 
   in performing a "mommy makeover" (breast and body Plastic Surgery at the same
   time).
4)In addition your Plastic Surgeon should ideally be a member of the Am. Soc. for Plastic
    Surgery (denoting having met additional criteria, experience and who's focus is on      
    Cosmetic Plastic Surgery)

My best, 

The best way to do this is combined.  TT, breast lift with implants at one time.  I bring in my equally board certified cosmetic surgeon colleague so you have two surgeons on the O.R.  Less time and much safer.  We also ask for a 14 day stay at our retreat for a safe recovery.   Best of luck.

How long should I wait to get a breast lift and breast implants after getting a Tummy tuck

I like to wait about 8 weeks. This allows for a fair amount of healing and decreases the risk for a blood clot with a subsequent surgery.

Assuming you have not already had the TT, why not do everything at once. That would be the most common way to get these surgeries done, it is safe, and it should be way cheaper. Otherwise I would say about 6 weeks to make sure you have healed well and are comfortable. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD