Is a BBL recommended for someone who is overweight ?

I am bout 5'4" and 170lbs, yes overweight! I have no butt and I scheduled for a bbl with fat transfer. My Dr. has not seen me once! It was a virtual consultation and I had asked him if I should lose weight first and he said no. I'm worried about losing the fat transferred once I'm able to exercise. I must lose weight though. Should I move forward with it or re-schedule until I lose some weight and how many pounds should I lose? I would be very upset if I went through this for nothing. Pls advise

BBL and not seen dr?

It is of concern that you have already scheduled a BBL and haven't met your surgeon yet. I meet all of my patients in order to plan how much fat can be removed which will determine how much fat can be transferred to your buttocks.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Weight is only one factor

It's difficult to comment without knowing what you body composition is like. You could be 170 lbs with 40% body fat or 20% body fat, which is a big difference. An exam in person is the only way to know for sure if you should lose weight prior to surgery. If you are unsure, discuss this with your plastic surgeon and reschedule if needed.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Weight loss and the timing of surgery

wait or BMI it's not a particularly good indicator if someone is a good candidate for this procedure.

Overall body shape and fat distribution is by far more important.
Some people are good candidates for this procedure and should expect excellent results if the procedure is done well.

Other people are simply not good candidates and I'm not going to get great results no matter how well the procedure is performed.
The ability for the surgeon to differentiate and convey expected results in an honest manner is critical in keeping overall hi long-term patient satisfaction.
In other words you need to know if you're a good candidate and what type of results you can expect either as is or with weight loss.

This could be done through a virtual consultation but will be much more accurate with an in person consultation.

I generally always steer people away from traveling for surgery unless there is an compelling reason.
Without at least seeing pictures no one will be able to give you an accurate answer. It's a very general statement I believe patients should be at their ideal BMI before considering cosmetic surgery.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

When is Weight Loss Prior to a BBL Recommended?

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.  
I perform virtual consults frequently and have many "out-of-town" patients.  While I think the virtual consult is great; it has limits.  I think a major limitation is on the quality and distribution of the available fat.   I agree with you completely, I would want to see you in person prior to making a final recommendation on whether you should gain or lose weight.  Why?  Because everyone holds their weight differently.  I would recommend visiting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with Formal Training in Cosmetic Surgery and Specializing in Butt Augmentation to determine a plan that:  1) Gives you the best recommendation 2)Meets Your Goals 3)Meets Your Timeline.
Please reach out if you have any further questions.  Best of Luck!   Sincerely, Matthew J. Nykiel, M.D. #RealSelfTopDoctor #RealSelfCoreDoctor “THE” Butt Doctor Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Cosmetic Fellowship Trained Surgeon