Flank area liposuction? I am 99.9% sure my surgeon didn't lipo my back at all (Photo)

I have just had a TT with MR and flank lipo, I am 99.9% sure my surgeon didn't lipo my back at all, just my sides? Would this class as flank lipo for a revision? You can see my back has remained the same ( not swelling) I am 5dpo

Flank liposuction - was anything done?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and flank liposuction.

• This early after surgery, one can't tell from a photo what is fat and what is swelling.
  • Usually liposuction done with a tummy tuck removes fat from the flanks going as far back as possible, from the front position.
  • At times, this leaves residual fat at the back
  • So you need to ask your plastic surgeon what area s/he treated and if what you see is swelling or fat.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Flank area liposuction? I am 99.9% sure my surgeon didn't lipo my back at all

You need to discuss this with your surgeon and have he/she explain exactly what was done during surgery. You can always request your operation report as well which should have all the surgery details listed. What your seeing could be swelling from the liposuction, but I would have expected to see some residual bruising at only a few days out. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

I am sorry but it is impossible to judge from your photographs of what may or may not have been done.  If you have no tenderness and no swelling review your concerns with your surgeon to see if something was overlooked or not. Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Post-Lipo Recovery

For post operative concerns, I'd suggest getting in touch with your surgeon to discuss the outcomes and address any other concerns or questions you may have. 

Lipo at 5 days

First at 5 days out you are likely very swollen.  You need to give yourself more time for the swelling to subside. Second you can ask if he removed fat from the back.

If you feel this area wasn't treated, ask your surgeon if it was. If you don't see any results in 3 to 6 months, it would be fair to ask for a revision. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS