Is it safe to drive after breast implant surgery?

I started driving ten days after my op I was a small A going to a 400cc implant I drive a small trip yesterday and it didn't hurt was just hard to get I to gear as I had to use some strength is this normal to feel odd and is it dangerous to drive my implants were place under the muscle I don't know how you ment to feel driving do I carry on and it gets easier or wait longer

Can you drive 10 days post-op?

Most of my patients are back to driving a car as soon as they are comfortable and have stopped taking their narcotics. You should be fine to drive at this point. Good luck!

Safe Driving After Surgery

Theoretically, once you have stopped taking your pain medication you should be able to drive.  Of course everything depends on your own level of residual discomfort when sitting upright and using your arms.  I would definitely recommend that even if you do feel good enough to drive take it slow and don't overdo it for the first couple of weeks after surgery. 

Eric Sadeh, MD

Driving after breast augmentation

The real risk in driving is related to pain medications or muscle relaxants, as these medications can affect your response time. The process of steering may feel different to you but should improve with time. 

Douglas Leppink, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Driving post-op

If you have stopped taking all of your pain medications then you should be ok to drive. However, it is always best to follow the directions from your surgeon, who has a better understanding about the circumstances of your case. 

Francis X. Fleming, MD
Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

Driving after surgery

I think it varies for each patient. Certainly you want to be off any pain meds. Then it is a matter of comfort. Best of luck. Check with your surgeon.

Typically driving can be resumed after post operative pain medications have been discontinued. Every PS restrictions will vary slightly, it best to speak with your PS about his/her recommendations on driving post operatively.

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

When can you drive after surgery?

Typically, most patients drive themselves once they have stopped taking pain medication. Above all else, your body will let you know if you are ready...if you experience extreme discomfort or pain, then you are not ready. Best of luck for great results!

Driving After Surgery

Do not drive if you are taking any pain medications.  In general, it is safe to drive at 7 days post op.  Clear this with your surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I appreciate your question.

Always best to check with your surgeon as he/she is most familiar with how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Driving after breast augmentation

Congratulations on your breast augmentation surgery. All patients heal differently so as a general rule of thumb, I tell my patients that it can be 3-7 days. As long as they have discontinued use of muscle relaxers and narcotics they are cleared to drive.

I hope you are pleased with your final result.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon