I've had implants for 5 years and would like to go bigger, do I have to get new implants?

I have saline and only had 320cc put in! Thank you

Bigger implants

Thank you for your question.  You would need to get new implants in order to go bigger.  Make sure you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and aesthetic desires.

Bigger breast require bigger implants!

Even though you have saline implants and it would seem reasonable to just add more saline to them to get a larger breast - it is not possible.  There is a range of fill for each size of saline implant.  Even if you are not at the "maximal" fill volume for your current implants, the maximal fill volume is usually 50 cc above the base fill volume for each implant in this range.  Filling above that volume increases the scalloping around the implant and the look like "bad overfilled saline implants". 

Meet with your original surgeon, discuss your desired size and look at your options.  It is a great time to consider using a smooth cohesive gel implant if you want a more natural feeling and apearing implant.  Also depending if you want a more natural appearing breast or more upper pole and cleavage - there are different gel implants to achieve these outcomes.

All the best.

Scott Barr, MD, FRCSC, Plastic Surgeon

ww.barrplasticsurgery.com

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon