Getting blisters. I can't wear pants. I've kept moist and cool but it hurts and looks awful! What do I do? Why is this? (Photo)

On my 4th treatment my experienced laser tech had quit and I was set up with a new girl. I was upset paying $8000 for treatments and having the new girl since I had only gone there having had the older one recommended to me no longer there. I didn't complain much and went ahead with new one. Now what can I do? Can they do anything to compensate me for this? What is the protocol ? I've not tanned and I've not used any meds so this is not my fault.

Getting blisters. I can't wear pants. I've kept moist and cool but it hurts and looks awful! What do I do? Why is this?

Hello Rs96,

Your pictures show a burn following your laser hair removal.  I would recommend you call and get a hold of the supervising physician ASAP in order to initiate appropriate care to minimize the risk of scarring.  Since you hadn't a different girl for your last treatment it is important to see the credentials of who is doing your treatment,  Frequently you can also find physicians who perform the treatments themselves.  You may pay a premium for this but most people would find that well worth it.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Burn with laser hair removal

it looks like a burn after laser which can be one of complication of laser . I highly suggest to get an appointment as soon as possible with their physician or medical director to address your concern

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician

Contact Your Doctor For Burn Care

I suggest a formal consultation, you'll want to have appropriate treatment at this time. I can't speak for their office practices. It's best you contact them directly. Best, Dr. Emer.

​Post Laser Hair Removal Burn Injury

We can understand your concerns.  A burn from laser hair removal is a possible complication, but it is not normal. Always make sure to check the credentials of the person performing your laser treatments.  I recommend that you notify the office where this was done immediately and make an appointment with their supervising physician for a treatment plan to mitigate your injury

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician