I had my breast done (450cc) 9 wks ago. It seems like they have taken a odd shape is it possible they are still swollen? (photo)

The left breast seems to be higher and drooping. I feel like I can actually make out my real breast on top of the implant perfectly (where the red line is at)...the nipples seem to be too low and remind me of torpedos when looking down at the breast. I am currently not happy with the results, do I need to contact my doctor immediately or wait?

Breasts

Thank you for your question and pictures. I looks like possibly your implants heven't fully settled yet.  Are you doing massages? Keep in touch with your PS and allow full healing to take place and eventually things should correct themselves.

Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Early

You are correct in identifying the transition between your breast tissue and chest tissue after breast augmentation.  The transition will improve as your breast implants settle.  This usually takes 3-6 months.
I would always recommend that you go and see you surgeon to help you reassure about your progress after breast augmentation.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

I had my breast done (450cc) 9 wks ago. Still swollen?

It looks like you are correct in your diagnosis that the breast has fallen off of the implant. You might need a breast lift to bring them back up. Sometimes you can reopperate to bring the  implants down a bit to make the overall contour better.. your surgeon should hear your concerns.. Call them.

R. Louis Adams, MD

I had my breast done (450cc) 9 wks ago. It seems like they have taken a odd shape is it possible they are still swollen?

I would see your surgeon and ask for instructions on breast implant displacement exercises and possibly a bando to try to help the implant drop into the breast. If your breasts were ptotic (sagging) before surgery you may eventually need a lift. See below:

Funny shape

Without a preoperative photo to compare to it's hard to say what is going on. I can say where you have some breast tissue below the implant that is not being filled out by the implant. Sometimes, when the breast has a narrow base, it may take many months for this to widen and allow the implant to drop-down behind this breast tissue. I would recommend that you be patient for several months and follow up with your chosen plastic surgeon who can reassure you about your progress. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS