Do I have a weak chin? (Photo)

I think I have a weak chin, need others opinions.

Do you have a weak chin?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Do I Have a Pollybeak?

The definition and projection of your chin can be improved with an implant. Consult with a surgeon experienced in this procedure so you can determine if this will satisfy your goals.

Weak Chin Options

You do not have a "weak" chin.  You could considered augmenting your chin to enhance your facial appearance with either a chin implant or facial fillers.  Imaging morphing could help you determine if you would enjoy the change.  

I hope this helps.  

Chin Augmentation

The real question is whether you would benefit by chin augmentation or not. Computer imaging will help you make that aesthetic determination. Since your chin is not overly short, it is really only a question you can answer.

Possible weak chin

I would say there is some mild recession to your chin.  It is possible that a chin implant could provide more projection if this is something you desired.  If you did have a chin implant, I would be careful not to use an implant that projected too much, or it will give you a larger than desirable chin.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I have a weak chin?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.