What options do I have to fix my nose? Broke at a young age, had ER surgery, still have bump. Juvederm VS rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Nose

coalminerswife, you would need a rhinoplasty. see an experienced skilled facial specialist that is board certified. Good luck! See the Internet.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical or non-surgical rhinoplasty after broken nose?

Thank you for asking about your filler vs surgical rhinoplasty.
  • Juvederm can be used to conceal the bump - but it will raise the bridge of the nose.
  • And you may have other changes in your nose besides the bump -
  • I suggest you see a plastic or facial plastic surgeon for a full examination and discussion before deciding.
  • Even if they recommend surgery, unless you have significant trouble breathing that needs surgical correction, have them try one Juvederm treatment first so if you need surgery, you know it's the right thing to do.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

What options do I have to fix my nose? Broke at a young age, had ER surgery, still have bump. Juvederm VS rhinoplasty?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Though your functional ability to breathe must be considered in any treatment decision, if you were looking only to aesthetics Juvederm does permit a nonsurgical way at augmenting the surrounding nasal structures to camouflage the bump.  If you wished for a more permanent solution at correction, a formal rhinoplasty would be a better option. 

Liquid Rhinoplasty

Great question and thank you for sharing. Dermal fillers are a great way to disguise your dorsal bump temporarily, whereas a true rhinoplasty offers a more permanent solution. Since you have injured the area in the past, a CT scan would be helpful to understand the current state of your nasal bones. In my practice, I also like to use 3-D volumetric photographs to communicate realistic surgical outcomes for my patients. An in person evaluation is necessary in order to choose the best treatment option for you. I recommend consulting with a board-certified specialist who is also experienced with injectables. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

If you want to get rid of the bump permanently, then a rhinoplasty is probably the way to go. Best to be evaluated in person.