Would my levels for my iron disqualify me for a Tummy Tuck procedure? do I risk going into shock or bleeding excessively?(photo)

Blood chemistry and abdominoplasty

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately the lab you provided is for evaluating diabetes mellitus. If you resubmit your question with your report on iron levels we could more accurately and precisely answer your question. Thank you very much.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS

Board Certified ENT

Board Certified Plastic Surgery

Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Iron levels

The lab value you included is Hemaglobin A1C.  This is a value that your doctor wanted to check to make sure you don't have diabetes.   This value  has nothing to do with iron.  Your is in the normal range, meaning that this value indicates no diabetes.   Other labs are usually needed for a Tummy Tuck to evaluate your health.  Speak too your doctors about your lab values and readiness for surgery and always see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

William Koenig, MD
Rochester Plastic Surgeon