Would I be a good candidate for TT? I have thalassemia minor.Does having this put me at any risk for this procedure? (photo)

thalassemia minor (a Mediterranean blood disorder..low red blood cells and iron is usually towards the lower side as taking iron pills make me sick and cause me to vomit. I also eat a good diet, exercise regularly with weights and cardio and my tummy doesn't change much. I had 3 children.

Tummy tuck candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  If you obtain clearance from your medical doctor and your hemoglobin levels are above 11, you should be okay for surgery.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD