Full or mini tummy tuck needed? Will all stretch marks be cut away? (Photos)

Full tummy tuck

A full tummy tuck will remove most (not all) of your stretch marks from your belly button to your pubic area. Any stretch marks that are above your belly button will end up being lower on your abdomen. Consult with an experienced plastic surgeon in person to determine which procedure is best for you.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Full or mini tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. You need,a full tummy tuck.  You will be able to get off far more of your stretch marks that way. You will also be,able to get an excellent muscle repair that way.Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Full vs mini-tummy tuck

I think you would be happiest with a full tummy tuck.  That would give you the best contour and allow the surgeon to tighten your abdominal wall muscles.  You stretch marks would nearly all be cut out- you may have a few left (the ones at the highest point directly above the belly button) but they would be in their new position down low next to the scar in the pubic area which would be hidden by underwear or a bikini.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon and she/he can guide you to your best option after an in person examination.  Best wishes!

Maida Parkins, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate

Thank you for your question and photos. You look like you would benefit from a full tummy tuck due to the amount of stretch marks and excess skin on your belly. Tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty, is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen also getting rid of the stretch marks, and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance. Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Full or mini tummy tuck needed? Will all stretch marks be cut away?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  I think you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks.  The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue.  Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat.  Though only an in-person examination can help determine it, most of your stretch marks should be removed with a full tummy tuck.  Hope that this helps.

Tummy tuck

Due to extensive stretch marks, I would recommend a full tummy tuck.  This would remove this skin and give your a flatter tummy and a new belly button.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. In my experience I recommend you to get a full tummy tuck with liposuction. Tummy Tuck is a surgical procedure done by a board certified plastic surgeon, this procedure involves a moon shaped scar in the lower abdomen , it helps remove excess skin , sagging and stretch marks on the abdomen (most of your stretch marks below your belly bottom), tummy tuck is often performed after pregnancy or weight loss. It is the most effective procedure for men and women to get a flat stomach with a defined waist. Liposuction would help to improve body contour by removing unwanted fat. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Hi coalminerswife, Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on your pictures it looks like you are an excellent candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck. Tummy-tuck surgery or Abdominoplasty can flatten your abdomen by removing loose, excess fat and skin and tightening muscles in the abdominal wall. It can also remove some if not all of the stretch marks in your lower abdomen. It is popular following pregnancy, massive weight loss or whenever a flabby abdomen with weak muscles impairs body contour. Most patients on average take two weeks off of work. Best regards

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!