What determines the choice of the various incision placement? Could I pick which incision placement I like best for me?

Incision placement

Normally, the horizontal incision is placed as low as possible, just above your pubic area. You can definitely talk about your preferences with your surgeon. A good idea is to bring in whatever piece of clothing you want the incision to be hidden under, so that your surgeon has a good idea of where it should be.

Incisions

You are not usually Given the choice of incision style prior to a tummy tuck. Most surgeons plan the incision to lie below the panty line of the patient's underwear. However the scar may not always be concealable due to the patient's fat distribution. 
DrBurnett#realself100

Incision placement

Thank you for your question. Yes, usually incision can be altered depends on present styles of garment use. Probably the most common incision is the lowest possible, so it can be covered with a bikini.
Hope this helps! Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Could I pick which incision placement I like best for me?

Incision placement can be a critical factor after tummy tuck, and should be an important part of your consultation. It is not uncommon for candidates to wear clothing such as underwear or a bathing suit to show where or how the incision placement will be best. The incision should be in the best place for you.