Tummy tuck and Lipo together. Is this possible for me? (photos)

I am 46 years old. I have two older children. I am 5'7" and weigh 160lbs. Looking at my abdomen, can you tell if a tummy tuck would get rid of the fat from my upper abdomen? My whole belly just annoys me and I want it flat. What do you suggest I do to achieve a flat stomach?

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

Based upon the photos you submitted a combination of a tummy tuck and liposuction can give you a flatter and smoother abdomen by removing redundant skin, tightening the layer of abdominal muscles and suctioning some of the excess fat. Your situation is actually quite common and the techniques developed to correct your issues are usually quite predictable in obtaining a very nice improvement. A consultation with an experienced surgeon will allow you to gain more insight into the procedure and to understand the pros and cons of this commonly performed surgical procedure. Best of Luck    Dr Harrell

Tummy tuck and liposuction

Based on your photographs and your written goals, a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and liposuction would be good options. I would recommend that you get as close to your goal weight as possible through a healthy diet and consistent exercise prior to any surgery. Body contouring is much more satisfying for patients when they use it to contour their physique at a weight they are happy with - not as a weight loss technique.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty and Liposuction

Thank you for our question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. A special kind of tummy tuck I perform is called a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty. This tightens the muscles that separate during pregnancy and remove the loose skin that diet and exercise don't address. Liposuction is often performed during the procedure to add contour to the waistline. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck and Lipo together. Is this possible for me?

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures you are a good candidate for tummy tuck and liposuction. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals

Tummy tuck and liposuction candidate

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty. This is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  We nearly always add liposuction to our tummy tucks to sculpt the body 360 degrees to achieve an ideal feminine figure.  Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  I think you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks.  The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue.  Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  Hope that this helps.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.
From your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction to your flanks and back.    This will give you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.
Also, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Yes, a tummy tuck with Lipo would be the right procedure for you.  You have excess skin and abdominal wall laxity.  This procedure would correct this.  Adding liposuction would help contour your waist.  Best wishes, Dr T.

Seems with all 46 of your postings you can not decide. My over the internet guess is Full TT with MR + 1 liter lipo (as allowed in FL in combination surgeries).Which the 1 liter is definitely NOT enough lipo. Fee from $7,200 to $10,000.....