What can cause a lump on cheek after having lipo on face be? And can it be fixed? (Photo)

I had liposuction on my face 15 yrs ago from a doctor that is no longer practicing. He mentioned that there was a complication during surgery but was fixed. Right away, I noticed a dent on the malar region of one side of my face and later felt some type of lump just below it. Occasionally, I used fillers like radiesse for the dent and overall symmetry of my face but I almost feel like it has made the lump worse to where I can actually see it. What can this be? And is there anything that can be done?

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Fillers, lasers, radiofrequency can improve this. I suggest a formal consultation to determine what is best. Dr. Emer.

Lump in face after lipo

Really don't know what the " problem" might have been and how it was solved without opening up with an incision. Most likely had some fat necrosis or a small cyst, may need removal but the trade off will be a scar. Good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Facial liposuction - lump persists after 15 years

Thank you for asking about your facial liposuction.'
  • I am  sorry this happened - 
  • It's hard to say what has caused the lump - a cyst, scar or loose tissue are all possible.
  • I suggest you see a plastic surgeon in person for an evaluation, diagnosis if possible and treatment.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Lump

It is subtle enough that an adequate opinion cannot be given based on the photo and info given. An in person evaluation would be your best option.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Lump 15 years post op

This could be a residual from your lipo or it could be a simple cyst which can be removed.I would have it evaluated by a plastic surgeon.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon