I need to extract my bicuspid number 5 because it's cracked - can I do an implant immediately?

Immediate Dental Implant Placement

Hello and thank-you for your question.

Without an x-ray, pictures or scans, I wouldn’t be able to tell you if you would be a candidate for immediate dental implant placement or not. The procedure is possible, but I would need to take additional x-rays and scans to determine if there is any bone loss. I hope this helps and good luck!

Redondo Beach Dentist

Immediate Implant

Hi and thank you for your question:

Most pt. believe that there is no way that an implant could be placed immediately after an extraction or even in an area where there is an existing infection. We routinely take 3D images (CBCT) in our office for the purpose of analyzing the dimensions of the bone, density and the proximity of anatomical landmarks  to see whether  or not an implant could be placed immediately. In most situations an implant can be placed without any complications. Visit an experienced Oral Surgeon in your area for a consultation and make sure they have a ct. scan in there office, so you can be properly evaluated. Good Luck to you.

Immediate Dental Implant

This is hard to answer without X-rays and an exam.  I would schedule a consult with a board certified periodontist that uses 3D technology.   They can take the scan and see how much bone you have. They will let you know if you are a candidate for an immediate implant or if you would need a bone graft at the time of extraction.  If so,  you are looking at about four months healing time.