What is visceral fat and can you get rid of it? What causes it?
Doctor Answers 12
Visceral fat cannot be removed surgically
Visceral Fat and Liposuction
This is the fat around your organs. Only way to reduce it is through diet (90%) and exercise (10%). Low carbohydrate, high fat and protein diet most effective at fat reduction.
Best of luck!
You might also like...
What is visceral fat and can you get rid of it?
Visceral fat is the fat around your organs, inside the abdominal compartment. This fat is not addressed during liposuction or abdominoplasty. Visceral fat may contribute to upper abdominal fullness or bulging and would diminish the aesthetic result after a tummy tuck. The best way to treat this is with diet and exercise. Good luck.
Visceral fat - how to get rid of it.
- Visceral fat is the fat that our body deposits around our internal organs -
- e.g. the stomach, liver, spleen, intestines.
- Weight loss is the only way to get rid of it.
- And getting rid of it is a good idea - research shows that the fat deposits in the liver are toxic to our bodies.
- From a cosmetic point of view, visceral fat is the reason that obese women often don't get a good result from a tummy tuck - the visceral fat is what keeps their shape bulging.
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Visceral fat is unavailable to liposuction.
What is visceral fat?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.