CoolSculpting or liposuction to reduce double chin and sharpen jawline? (Photos)

I am 19 years old and have never been overweight. My double chin is a genetic issue, which I have always wanted to get rid of. I just heard about CoolSculpting which I find appealing since it is a non surgical solution, but I am afraid that CoolSculpting is not strong enough to give me the results I wish for. I really want a defined jawline as I have "settled" with my current situation too many years. I am openminded to additional procedures and/or lyver options to get the best possible result.

Coolsculpting vs Kybella

Hello and thank-you for your question

We offer the CoolMini as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction for the right candidate.  For optimal results, 2 treatments are generally required. The treatments are separated by 4-6 weeks. Treatments are planned using templates of the CoolMini applicator. For fat localized to the sub mental chin, a single applicator per session may be required.  If there is significant fat more laterally in the neck, 2 or 3 overlapping applicators may be required to produce the optimal result.  We also offer Kybella and often use the two to develop customized a non-invasive alternative to surgical options.I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who offers all these options to discuss what is best for you

Coolsculpting vs Kybella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank-you for your question

Double chin

Often genetics is a major factor in fat deposition locations.  Some people are very thin but still have an unusual amount of fat in the wrong area.  Any fat reduction technique is made to treat these areas.  Cool sculpting is a great option.  I'd recommend a consultation with a surgeon that offers everything from surgery to non invasive so that the best plan can be made.  That way the ideal results can be achieved.  

Double chin

CoolSculpting or Lipo to Reduce Double Chin? CoolMini or Kybella Are Best Nonsurgical Options

Liposuction is no longer the only effective treatment for a double chin. Both the CoolMini applicator in Zeltiq's CoolSculpting system and the deoxycholic acid injections of Kybella can remove your double chin. CoolMini is completely noninvasive. Kybella is nonsurgical and minimally invasive. Each of these treatments usually requires at least two to three sessions, spaced 4 to 8 weeks apart, to get the best results as only about 25% of fat can be removed at one time. Your final results are visible about three to six months later.

CoolMini takes about an hour to perform in the office, and may have some post-procedure soreness or redness. Kybella only takes a few minutes in the office, but may cause swelling for up to a week. Each is a good option for you, especially if you are wishing to avoid surgery. However, if you want to have only one treatment, tumescent liposculpture is a very effective treatment that you may wish to explore. Unlike the non-invasive option, fat can be removed not only under the chin, but under the jawline on the sides. Some people have thickness of the neck so that the face goes directly to the neck without a shadow under the jawline. With liposculpture we can sculpt the entire area to give a lifted feminine look. Please find a board-certified dermatologist to evaluate your chin and help you decide which nonsurgical or surgical fat-elimination technique to choose.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Treatment on the Chin

Hi A97,

Great question! From the photos you have provided it seems like you’re the ideal candidate for the CoolSculpting treatment. The CoolSculpting treatment is an FDA-cleared fat-reduction procedure which eliminates unwanted stubborn fat that is resistant to diet and exercise, or in your case that is genetic. Using the CoolMini applicator, CoolSculpting technology precisely targets the chin area and permanently kills and eliminates 20-25% of the fat cells in the treated area. Once the fat cells are gone, they’re gone for good. In our office, we have had a few patients that had similar cases to yours. After consulting with them and creating a personalized treatment plan we were able to eliminate the stubborn fat cells under the chin, significantly reducing the their “double chin.”

Hope this answers your question :)

- Dr. Dale

Dale Prokupek, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

CoolSculpting Treatment on the Chin

Hi A97,

Hope this answers your question :)

- Dr. Dale

Dale Prokupek, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Will CoolSculpting Work For My Genetic Double Chin?

Thank you for your question and the photos. Based on your photos you appear to be a great candidate for CoolSculpting with the CoolMini Applicator. This applicator is designed specifically for the chin. For best results most patients require 3 treatments. With each treatment you can expect to remove 20-25% of the fat in this area. I recommend having a consultation with an expert to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

CoolSculpting to Reduce Double Chin? Yes, CoolMini Does a Wonderful Job Permanently Removing Submental Fat

Zeltiq's CoolSculpting cryolipolysis system has been so effective and popular that they have developed a number of new applicators to treat various sizes and contours of the body. The applicator that will remove your double chin permanently is called the CoolMini. It can only remove about 20% to 30% of fat in each session, so you will probably need three sessions. It will completely eliminate the fat under your chin.

Because you are young and your skin quality looks good, your skin will probably get tighter under the chin as the fat volume is gradually lost. It takes about three to six months to get final CoolSculpting or CoolMini results. If you are like my patients, you will be thrilled with the final look of your new chin and jawline... and you won't need to think about surgery. Please visit a board-certified dermatologist who is a certified CoolSculpting expert for a consultation.

Melda A. Isaac, MD
Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Melda A. Isaac, MD
Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Will CoolSculpting work for my genetic double chin?

Hi A97, thank you for your question.    Based solely on your photos, you do appear to be a great candidate for the CoolSculpting treatment with the Cool mini applicator.  We have successfully treated thousands of women and men who have been dealing with the same genetic double chin issue.  Keep in mind that for best results most clients will need three treatments when CoolSculpting the chin area. Each treatment will permanently remove from 20-25% of the fat from the area. CoolSculpting yields smooth, natural looking results and has little to no downtime.  This is a truly revolutionary FDA cleared treatment that works wonders.  Good luck with your CoolSculpting journey!

Edward Stokes, MD
West Hollywood Physician

Edward Stokes, MD
West Hollywood Physician

Coolsculpting for the double chin

Thank you for your question and photos. It seems that you are a prime candidate for Coolsculpting at your double chin with the CoolMini applicator. My practice has had great results using the CoolMini to treat the stubborn fat at the chin. The CoolMini was designed specifically to target this area and the specific contours of the jawline. There is also Kybella that is used as a nonsurgical approach to treat stubborn submental fat. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to review which option will be best for you. Best of luck!

Coolsculpting for the double chin

COOLSCULPTING NJ

Thank you for the photos. Coolsculpting would be an appropriate treatment for you. Most patients need 2 treatments. Another option would be Kybella, an injection that dissolves fat. I would have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your non-surgical options. 

COOLSCULPTING NJ

Chin

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting has been known to give great results in the chin area. You may also want to consider Kybella, and possibly a combination of them both. Visit a local physician who can determine the best course of action after an in person consultation. Good luck! 

Chin