Coolsculpting Vs Vaser Lipo. I'm 6'3", 195lbs with Stubborn Fat in Midsection.

I just had a consultant and I would love to have the Vaser lipo rather than the cool sculpting but the cost is a bit higher. I don't have a lot of fat but no mater how hard I work out, I have flab on my stomach area that goes all the way around to my back. Will cool culpt get rid of enough fat so i don't have a muffin top?

Answers (3)

Vaser Lipo For Stubborn Fat in Midsection

It is difficult to suggest which would be best for you, without seeing current photos of the area you are concerned about. Vaser liposuction, also known as Vaser #lipo, LipoSelection or Liposuction, is an advanced body #contouring procedure that selectively removes unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, #Vaser lipo uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to gently #reshape your body and, yes, it can be done on the #midsection.

There are three types of #Vaser Lipo. Each benefit patients differently depending on their needs.
It's best to begin consulting with a board certified plastic surgery to learn if you are a candidate for liposuction. If so, you will then learn more about which #technique will work best for you and your goals. It is important you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with #vaser #liposuction.

However, a tummy tuck may also be something to consider. Over the years, surgeons have improved procedures and found ways to eliminate the need for #drains commonly used in a #tummy #tuck or #abdominoplasty, and a variety of other operations. I have found that most of my patients do very well with the exception of those have large areas of liposuction or lipo-abdominoplasty. Any extra fluid may be reabsorbed back into the body without the use of drains.  I may use drains on a case by case basis for these patients. If you go to a plastic #surgeon who uses drains, or if your situation requires drains, they usually stay in 3-5 days but may be required to remain in longer. The use of tissue #glue is to adhere the abdominal #skin to the #muscle. It is a new option and alternative to sutures in a tummy tuck. It's best to begin consulting with a board certified plastic surgery to learn if you are a candidate.

Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Seeking the right doctor and gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision

Coolsculpting vs vaser lipo

Coolsculpting has only been shown to give about a 20% improvement in the overall appearance of the treated area. It definitely is not the same as vaser liposuction.

30 reviews

CoolSculpting vs. lipo

Regardless of which additional form of energy is used along with a liposuction technique, the lipo will remove more fat in one treatment than a series of CoolSculpting procedures.  If someone is adverse to having surgery, or they have medical conditions that prevent them from having surgery, or they can't tolerate the downtime of a surgical procedure such as liposuction, then CoolSculpting from Zeltiq can provide significant improvement in some individuals. In those, there are some that have the Zeltiq every couple of months for a few treatments. One treatment will reduce the fat, on average, 20%. Having a few treatments improves the result but increases the cost, but it should not exceed liposuction's fee.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
43 reviews

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.
FOR FREE.