I had coolsculpting a week ago and the pain is very bad?

I been using Ice packs almost 24 hour. Can I do this for the pain.

Discomfort after CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting can cause some discomfort after the procedure that generally goes away after a week or two.   You can certainly call your provider if you are still experiencing discomfort and ask them for suggestions.  I have found that the more you exercise before the procedure the less the discomfort after the procedure.  For the best cosmetic results please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with CoolSculpting.

Post CoolSculpting Discomfort

Discomfort after the CoolSculpting treatment is common and can vary widely in intensity.  If you are concerned you should contact your CoolSculpting provider.  Some practices will offer a non-narcotic prescription for this specific sensation.

Many patients find relief by using ice packs on the treated area.  Some patients report that stretching and movement help relieve discomfort.  In my practice we give patients compression garments to wear in the weeks following treatment.  This is part of our CoolSculpting Complete package that is offered to our patients at no extra cost.  The compression often relieves the tenderness and some of the itching sensation in the week or more following treatment.  The intense itchy feeling typically starts 3-5 days after CoolSculpting and often lasts for a few days, though it may be weeks in some cases.  CoolSculpting Complete also includes dual machines for faster treatment and vibrational therapy to encourage the elimination of fat cells. 

Top providers in CoolSculpting may have special pricing that is not available to all practices.  At my Raleigh NC practice we have Instant Rebates for free CoolSculpting with each session purchased.  Find a list of providers on the CoolSculpting website.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Pain following Coolsculpting

Pain after treatment to the abdomen is not uncommon however typically it resolves on its own within 6 weeks. Discuss this with your surgeon.

We have extensive experience with and have had Coolsculpting for over three years and see great results in properly selected individuals, location and fat texture are key variables.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon