I am 36 and planning on getting gummy bear implants. How do they feel after? What results would I get with regular silicone?

Very curious to hear how others feel about these implants after surgery. My breasts are currently a B almost C now, but are very deflated and wide. Almost need a lift. I chose the gummy bear implants to get lift and fullness in upper breast. How do they feel after surgery when healed? Soft, hard, or natural?

Compare implants

The choice between saline and silicone is one that requires a complex discussion of all of the advantages and disadvantages of both implants.  The issues to be considered are safety, density, mobility, rippling, rupture rate, consequences of rupture, detection of rupture, need for follow-up care, cost of follow-up, appearance, feel, sensation of heaviness, radio-density, mammograms, and costs, among other things.  There are advantages and disadvantages of both products.  The decision will ultimately be up to you based on what is appropriate for your particular situation.  Beautiful results can be obtained with either implant. 

The "gummy bear " implants feel stiffer to me and don't have the same natural movement, but they still feel soft-just not as soft as the regular smooth silicone implants. I would caution you about using them to correct breast sagging. They will help if you only have slight sagging, but women with moderate or severe sagging really look better with a lift. The implant shape alone cannot overcome excessively loose skin and sagging breasts.

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Gummy bear implants have a thicker internal silicone gel than a regular silicone implant but once placed in the body take on a soft, natural feel and appearance.  Hope this helps.

Feel

The new gummy bear cohesive implants provide a nice natural look and feel.  The older implants were more like sticky taffy inside the shell.  Very few people could feel any difference between the two types.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Feel

The gummy bear implants area firmer feel than regular silicone implants. The softest implant is the regular silicone implants. However, your breast tissue will be over the implant and will soften the feel. Please ask your surgeon if you can feel both types of implants.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon