Want a breast augmentation. Will other doctors work with my preference? (Photo)

Want a breath augmentation. Double ds. I know I need a lift but do not want one and don't desire that look or the scars. Just want bigger, fuller breasts. I know they will sag over time but I'm 38. I don't expect them to be perfect forever. Went to a consult and doc refused to do them without a lift. Will other doctors work with my preference?

Want a Breast Augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photo. This question would require an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. While you may be qualified for a breast augmentation without a lift, it may not be the look you want to achieve.

Camarillo Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you'll find one...

Go for a few more consultations.  An implant alone is not ideal.  As long as you know what will and won't be accomplished, you should be able to find a surgeon that will work with you.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

No lift

I think the crux of the issue is expectations of what you might look like. If you get basically what you want you should be happy. The only way to have that discussion is to come in for a consultation. I am in Nashville. Call my office at 615-327-0303.

Want a breast augmentation. Will other doctors work with my preference?

I understand your refusal to do a lift because of the scars. But, I'm afraid that augmentation alone will not give you what you are looking for. Most women who need a lift, but do not have one, often return to the surgical suite to have them removed and have a lift performed. The PS that refused to give you a complication is an ethical individual. Breasts do not need to be augmented to achieve fuller, perkier firm breasts. The Ultimate Breast Lift method reshapes and re-positions breasts high on the chest wall without the extra cost, risks/complications and maintenance associated with implants. The UBL achieves maximum lift with minimal scarring.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Yes. There will be a surgeon out there that will give you what you want. Schedule a few more consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your area. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Find the right surgeon.

Keep having consultations with board certified plastic surgeon and seek their advice and opinion. 

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a breast augmentation

Borderline Breast Augmentation

Patients, like yourself, with both a lack of volume and sagging breasts are most often offered a combination of a breast lift and augmentation (mastopexy augmentation) to address both issues. The trade off is a scar on the breast around the nipple with a possible extension down towards the breast crease creating a lollipop or inverted “T” pattern. The size and location of the scar depends on the amount of lift needed, the patient’s anatomy, and surgeon preference.

The decision to do an augmentation by itself versus an augmentation with a peri-areolar lift or an augmentation with a lollipop lift is less based on patient preference and more dictated by the nipple position and the ratio between the post-augmented breast volume and the amount of excess skin you have.

The less breast tissue you have, the smaller the implant, the closer the nipples to the breast fold, and the more excess skin you have, the greater the chance you will need a lift and the greater chance you will need a vertical scar to achieve a natural aesthetic outcome.

Assuming your skin quality is good, if you are looking to go up to a DD (or bigger), the additional volume of the implant has the potential to fill out the skin envelope nicely - posssibly eliminating the need for a lift.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical option. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

You can get away without breast lift

Simply based on the photo herein I do not think that lift is absolutely necessary in your case.   Thus I see no reason that you will have any problem based on your preference.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Doctors Working with Patient Preferences

Hello and thank you for your question!  I can understand your frustrations.  Many patients come into our office requesting specific plastic surgery procedures to address their concerns. Unfortunately, when an individual does not meet candidacy requirements for the procedure they have expressed interest in, the surgeon typically advises against it.

Based on the patient’s desired outcomes, your surgeon can suggest the procedure that may best achieve the patient’s goals safely and effectively.  It is important that your surgeon provides you with realistic expectations — if the requested procedure is likely to cause complications, is not appropriate for attaining the patient’s goals, or the patient exhibits symptoms of body dysmorphia, it is the surgeon's moral obligation to advise against surgery.  I hope this helps!

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Refuse to have a lift.

Your point is well taken and your chosen surgeon should work with your preference. If you want the volume and just will not accept the breast scars from a lift then you should be able to have the augmentation without one. keep looking and the American Society of Plastic Surgery may have others in your area to talk to.