Constricted Breasts and my Self Esteem, is No Where to Be Found

I was told at 17-18 that my breasts will "fully develop" when i'm 20. well i'm 20, and still nothing!! Took it upon my self and did some research and went to a plastic surgeon, and he told me that i have constricted breasts! till this day it hurts! im the only one in my family who has it. i am self conscious about my body, i gag just looking at the disgusting things. is there a company or someone out there who would pay for this? i'am begging! please! as a college student, I JUST DONT have it.

Correction for Constricted Breasts

Regarding : " Constricted Breasts and my self esteem, is no where to be found  I was told at 17-18 that my breasts will "fully develop" when i'm 20. well i'm 20, and still nothing!! Took it upon my self and did some research and went to a plastic surgeon, and he told me that i have constricted breasts! till this day it hurts! im the only one in my family who has it. i am self conscious about my body, i gag just looking at the disgusting things. is there a company or someone out there who would pay for this? i'am begging! please! as a college student, I JUST DONT have it. "

I can sense the pain in your question but I must tell you the emotional toll it is taking on you is very worrisome to me as a Plastic surgeon. Very few of us are born without deficits or imperfections. Very few. It seems that whatever we get more than our share, we are denied in other qualities. (Have you noticed how many "beautiful people" or super athletes are extremely dumb or lack simple perspective?)

Jewish philosophy actually states that we are put here as imperfect beings who PURPOSE is to spend their lives in a task of coming as close to perfection (in themselves and in their interaction with others) as possible. Having a major challenge such as you have is daunting but you should view it as a test - you are tested to see how you can rise above it and not allow it to own and dominate you (the way it appears to have until now). Comments such as "" are extremely injurious and progress begins with acceptance following which comes he quest for improvement.

One more comment - aside from your constricted breasts it sounds like you are a healthy young woman. That puts you ahead of 99% of the world population which lives in poverty and without medical care. You have not been afflicted by a debilitating or fatal disease unlike millions of others and as a young person your future is ahead of you to do as you will.

Constricted breasts ARE correctable but are considered a cosmetic procedure which NO insurance company will pay for.  The correction is similar to that of tuberous breast deformity - a subclass of constricted breasts.

Instead of needlessly beating up on yourself, channel that energy into working hard in school and in no time YOU will be able to pay to correct your breasts and much more.

CHEER UP!

Dr. Aldea

Treatment for constricted breasts

Your condition is actually not all that uncommon so try not to feel too bad! It is unfortunately not the sort of thing that insurance covers though. One possibility is a grant for help with costs for correction of breast deformities through the Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation, (ASERF.org), which is affiliated with the Americn Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Go to the website, in the box "from our newsroom" click on the second line "ASERF Congenital and Acquired Breast Deformity Grant Program" for information. Best of luck. 

Richard Baxter, MD

Insufficient funds for tuberous breast deformity.

I would advise you to consider pursuing insurance coverage of a breat deformity under your parent's insurance as a college student. Secondly you may want to contact your local university plastic surgery training program and see if surgery within a resident's clinic is another options.

Constricted breasts

Constricted breasts are breasts that are narrow and possibly tuberous.  There are multiple things that probably need to be done to a achieve a nice result, but without seeing you it would be difficult to tell.

Constricted Breasts

You have a rare congenital deformity that can be corrected with a series of operations. Seek 3 opinions from boarded PLASTIC SURGEONS in your area. Best of luck from MIAMI DR. B